I'm starting to have dive withdrawals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lack of time in the water = NON COMPRESSION SICKNESS , Cure --- Go Diving ASAP.

Florida water temps at 70. That sounds great. If it makes you feel better the river I dove in last week was 56 degrees. There was a snow flurry when I surfaced. The only good thing about the dive was the cup of hot coffee when I surfaced.

Im trying to make a trip to Florida in Feb. Maybe hit Venice for a day or 2 then no further North than Fort Lauderdale

I like the diving in Cali... especially in March. I need to get back that way.

Yeah, March and September seem like the best months since its before and after the algal bloom respectively so vis is better...not too bad above water on weather either.

Lack of time in the water = NON COMPRESSION SICKNESS , Cure --- Go Diving ASAP.

Florida water temps at 70. That sounds great. If it makes you feel better the river I dove in last week was 56 degrees. There was a snow flurry when I surfaced. The only good thing about the dive was the cup of hot coffee when I surfaced.

Im trying to make a trip to Florida in Feb. Maybe hit Venice for a day or 2 then no further North than Fort Lauderdale

Eesh, man you're brave. 56 is normal temp for me but if I saw snow, I wouldn't be getting in the water just on general principle. :p although good choice of beverage afterward.

Anyone else having this problem too? Haven't been in the water for several months and just itching to get back in? I don't think I've dived since September, and normally I dive multiple times every month, so I feel like I'm about ready to have a seizure or go into convulsions from withdrawal. :p

Paramedic school is sucking the life out of me.

</rant>

Yeah, I feel your pain. I'm suffering from withdrawals too. I've been fantasizing about diving all this week. During the spring/summer months I went diving 3-4 weekends a month. Only diving I've done lately was one dive in November and one dive in October. The dive in Oct was surgy and vis was worthless but at least the dive in Nov was decent. Haven't even so much as seen salt water in almost a month, *sigh*. Lately all I can think about is going on a Channel Islands trip with my dive buddy that we're planning for next year... But such a long way off, I don't want to wait that long!

I just hope the conditions hold out so I can go diving at the end of December... What I wouldn't give for 10' vis, cold surface intervals, and a bit of surge at this point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom