Tropical but inexpensive diving vaca... is there such a thing??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blackbeard's Cruises is only $799 this winter all inclusive. You will get around 20 dives. They are out of Freeport which has some great airfares now.

If your travel is flexible, try calling the liveaboards and seeing if they'll give you any kind of last-minute deal. They'd rather get SOME income for a spot versus sailing empty. The downside of this is you will be at the mercy of the airlines for getting there....

Key Largo is always a good option as well. I am surprised no one else mentioned it. I enjoyed my diving there just as much as some of the more exotic locations that I have been to. Lots of sites for everyone from beginers on up.

At a price per dive - Key Largo can be pricey. You also get blown out quite often

Try Bocas del Toro, Panama. 2-tank dives are $60, including all equipment. Hostels are $10 per night, budget hotels (clean, with AC, hot water) are $25/night. Meals at the local restaurants are $1-$2 for breakfast, $3-$4 for lunch & dinner. Spirit Air (spiritair.com) flies to Panama City from Ft. Lauderdale for under $100 roundtrip if you join their $9 fare club (I just went back to the States to do some shopping and my airfare on Spirit with taxes was $91, roundtrip). That does not include the puddle jumper from PC to Bocas (about $200 rt.). If you wanted to take the scenic route, a bus from PC to Bocas takes about 8 hours and costs about $25. Check out Bocas.com for more info on the area. Happy travels!

I am surprised nobody has yet mentioned Utila.

check out coralcavernsresort.com

This place does look interesting. I got married on Andros (Small Hope Bay lodge) and really enjoyed my time there. Might have to check this one out.

Hi,
would the south side of the Dominican Republic be a destination?
You could sleep in a so called Cabaña.
If interested and you like to buy a divepackage I can inform you.
Nice Dives, Robert

Hotel Cozumel is an all inclusive dive resort .. and VERY inexpensive. going there in January with a good group of people .. Let me know if you'd like the details .. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom