NZ DIVER on deck!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DIVER 9

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey Divers!!

My name is Rob from New Zealand...

I have seen a couple of my NZ buddies post on here so I thought I better get on here as well and have my say.

I started diving in 1987 (OW PADI) and have been diving on and off since then but never really furthered my education,generally going more hunter gatherer on snorkel.

I got back into diving after a trip from my 8 year home of Japan when I went to Tulamben in Bali and dived the Liberty which was great,I also dove whith Whale Sharks and did the dive pontoon there too.
Great vis as I was used to Wellington New Zealand shore dives 7m is like a great day...ha ha ha...

I am currently a Trainee DM with PADI and have NAUI and PADI certs,and I have also just completed the Self Reliant Diver course which is a brand new PADI course and also completed my intro course with PADI to Nitrox.

I have also just got back from some fabulous diving at NZs Poor Knights and White Islands Volkner rocks..they were great...stunning real open water diving.
Wild seas and wild sights!!

Most of my gear is ZEAGLE (x2 BCDs and B/P W ) allthough my regs are Aqualung Legends I have also recently purchased a HALCYON B/P W
I love the backplate diving it just seems more suited to me and I find it easier to get good bouyancy and better trim...both need serious work.
But you dont get that by sitting on your backside...right.. :D

I dive in an Otter Brittanic as I dive right through summer and winter NZs low is about 8 degrees and high about 18.This year I have logged more nightdives than day dives and am well over the 100 mark for this year,the dive oppertunities have just been so good.

Anyway awesome site guys!! :blinking:

Regards Rob

Cheers, mate! I'm booked through Global Dive for a trip out to Poor Knights the last week in February. I believe the name of the Liveaboard is the Pacific Hideaway. I've been chatting with one of your fellow (sister) kiwis about the trip, and unless she's blowing smoke in my drysuit (LOL) the trip is gonna be amazing & fantastic.

I was originally planning to dive the GBR out of Cairns, OZ, but she sold me on the PKI. It will save me a ton of quid and a lot of time & effort otherwise.

To give ScubaBoard the credit, I would still be trying to figure out how to swing the OZ / NZ trip!

Welcome aboard!!

JR

JR you are in luck mate...

Golbal Dive is one of NZs best set up shops and the owner Andrew is a great guy,and the Pacific Hideaway is a fabulous liveaboard.

The Poor Knights speak for themselves,simply fabulous!!

I have done 8 dives at the Poor Knights and you could never get tired of it,I am waiting for the Stingray migration early next year for another trip.

Depending on how long you are in NZ you really should look at going to White Isalnd and dive the Volkner Rocks...the Poor Knights is awesome the Volkners are INSANE.

I have to make 5 post before I can post pics so bear with me..... :rofl3:

Right now Scubaboard knows I am not a SPAM BOT it has allowed me to post you a bit of a taste of the far North of NZ,

DiveTrip498.jpg

DiveTrip573.jpg

DiveTrip505.jpg

And this might be of interest to you,the Volkner Rocks was actually an NZ Defence force target range before they made it a Marine Reserve,so there is live and spent ordanace to be found allthough you cant take it.

Chech out the shell I found soft landed at ~35m.

DiveTrip496-1.jpg

JR you will love it dude!!

Cheers, mate! I'm booked through Global Dive for a trip out to Poor Knights the last week in February. I believe the name of the Liveaboard is the Pacific Hideaway. I've been chatting with one of your fellow (sister) kiwis about the trip, and unless she's blowing smoke in my drysuit (LOL) the trip is gonna be amazing & fantastic.

I was originally planning to dive the GBR out of Cairns, OZ, but she sold me on the PKI. It will save me a ton of quid and a lot of time & effort otherwise.

To give ScubaBoard the credit, I would still be trying to figure out how to swing the OZ / NZ trip!

Welcome aboard!!

JR

haha ... nem that kiwi sister chiq is me :)
and you know i am not blowing smoke up his suit - you dived with me at the knights the other weekend. and cheers again for the ride

haha ... nem that kiwi sister chiq is me :)
and you know i am not blowing smoke up his suit - you dived with me at the knights the other weekend. and cheers again for the ride
Hey T I knew there was folks on here I knew somewhere...:D

And no.. I can vouch for you and the team at Global you guys seriously rock,I had a great time...best time even.. classic

You have to come for a trip to the 04 T !!!

Hey T I knew there was folks on here I knew somewhere...:D

And no.. I can vouch for you and the team at Global you guys seriously rock,I had a great time...best time even.. classic

You have to come for a trip to the 04 T !!!

i've been chatting to axe a little and a 09-ers road trip to the 99's is definitely on the cards even if its just me :D

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom