Live aboard in Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kasha

Great help with your info, thanks. I have put my name down for the Sea Sprit and have been trying to make up my mind and what you have said has really put my mind at rest.

Hi Jason,

The dates which you have booked should be fine in terms of weather.
Have you already booked your live aboard in Maldives? You have mentioned live aboard charter. Are you taking a group or you travel with your buddy?

I would suggest having your dive holiday pre-booked rather than finding an agent in Male? The period you are traveling is the peak season in Maldives.

Let me know more.

Cheers

Hi Jason,

The dates which you have booked should be fine in terms of weather.
Have you already booked your live aboard in Maldives? You have mentioned live aboard charter. Are you taking a group or you travel with your buddy?

I would suggest having your dive holiday pre-booked rather than finding an agent in Male? The period you are travelling is the peak season in Maldives.

Let me know more.

Cheers

We knew peak season month of January, I did booked M/V Safari 2 Royal 3 - 10 January, anyway thanks all fellows.

Veenus...

Baani Adventurer is the boat that killed one diver and severly injured another nine this past March....if ever there was an organization to stay away from...It's Maldives Liveaboards and Gundi Holm...bad news all around!!!

Suggestion to those thinking of a liveaboard anywhere and especially relevant to the Maldives make sure you read the post by Dadvocate posted December 1st, 2008, on the thread in memory of Roman Rudakov. Actually there are 2 posts - a translation from the German of an excellent article by Linus Geschke.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ac...ani-adventurer-incident-22-may-2008-a-18.html

My own opinion is that given the current global economic situation - maintenance and safety will continue to slide down the scale. Be vigilant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom