Aladin AirX and Air X Nitrox Users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I own 3 of these units all for use with Oxy2s. The problem is not the battery. Due to a design flaw,the case cannt be put back together after the battery is replaced. The case cracks and is no longer water proof.Uwatecs suggestion for my problem was to upgrade?me to another computer which I could sell on EBAY.I could then use the proceeds to buy a used air o2 on Ebay.Uwatech has never really changed batteries in these units.Tha units have always been replaced.This according to the service tec in california.Any body want to buy anOxy2/

Scubapro now offers this update to an Air Z Nitrox for $350, owner or dealer same price. They will not allow an upgrade to any other model and are totally inflexible. Owner may deal directly with Scubapro. All of the Aladin Nitrox hoseless computers will be dead about now due solely to the shelf life of the battery no matter what the battery life indicator says. Folks, this is an $8 battery in a $1200 dive computer that cannot be replaced but can be upgraded for $350 for another $1200 computer that is already over 7 years old. When will the Air Z also be obsolete and not repairable?

Like most of the majority, I took the $350 "deal", reluctantly. I seriously inquired an alternative, hell like another poster said, one can easily resell it and at least make some money back from the false advertisment claims that got us into this predicament. Knowing that a batter can NOT be removed, NO one would have purchased these units. I can just imagine the sales rep telling the dealers NOT to disclose this dirty secret. Perhaps UWATEC even mislead the dealers too.

Inaddition, no one can tell me that UWATEC simply overlooked this engiennering aspect of making a disposable computer. There was a definite motive of forced obcelesence.

I do rememeber the qouted "replacement" was $150, and I thought that was high but said no problem given the number of years of use. UWATEC mislead us. Then ScubaPro increases the replacement cost from $150 to $350.

One thing is for sure, I will never recommend their product to anyone, I will infact inform other consumers of this experience. ScubaPro better hope that $350 was worth it, because alot of scuba package sales have been redirected to other manufactures.

Brilliant marketing strategy I'd say.

have 3 oxy2s all dependent on XorZ for info re partial pressure etc.Has anyone tried removeing the display from the O2 and hard wireing itto create a display which would be usable as a wrist mount or otherwise. Is any other computer which reads the remote info available? The original problemwith XandZ was that the case cracked dureing reassembly after the battery cahange.All of my new computers are sunnto. P S I have 3 oxy 2s for sale.

i was recentley givin an aladin air x nitrox by a guy who doesn't dive any more.. it won't turn on at all i assume the batery is dead can i assume it is now worthless?

i was recentley givin an aladin air x nitrox by a guy who doesn't dive any more.. it won't turn on at all i assume the batery is dead can i assume it is now worthless?

Scuba pro will probably still honour the upgrade, however at an undetermined cost, so if you dont take the upgrade offer and the battery is dead, I would say its effectively worthless.

This battery change is not successfull, the lens is glued and screwed on and needs to be removed, if you do manage to get this right, in most instances then the lens cannot then be glued back in a watertight manner and the unit will leak, some folk have tried it, but I dont know of any long term successfull ones.

Scuba pro will probably still honour the upgrade, however at an undetermined cost, so if you dont take the upgrade offer and the battery is dead, I would say its effectively worthless.

This battery change is not successfull, the lens is glued and screwed on and needs to be removed, if you do manage to get this right, in most instances then the lens cannot then be glued back in a watertight manner and the unit will leak, some folk have tried it, but I dont know of any long term successfull ones.

I emailed the lovely folks at Scuba pro they have not responded yet , although it has only been 4 days it's kinda sad because i have a set of kki 25-g 250 regs that i love i realy hate to think bad about the company
the guy who gave me the air x also gave me a set of poseiden regs but i can't tell the model does 2960 mean anything?

newver mind i found out it is a set of jetstreams.. or at least that is what the picture looks like;-)

newver mind i found out it is a set of jetstreams.. or at least that is what the picture looks like;-)

The number is not familiar to me, but the jetstreams were one of Posiedons more popular regs - they would definately be a keeper.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom