Playa Del Carmen and Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geofish Dive in Playa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Playa Del Carmen, Mexico has been lost in the conversations of dive destinations for a long time especially since one of the biggest dive destinations is no more than 30 minutes in a boat east. So what I am trying to do is promote Playa del Carmen as a great dive destination. It is still a very underrated dive destination and we at Geofish Dive want to inform those who don't know about this beautiful place that it has spectacular diving, good-great visibility, and an abundance of sea life. We are in Bull Shark season and Playa del Carmen is one of the few places that you are able to see them.

So the sole purpose of this post is to see what YOU the divers have to say. What are you opinions and experiences at either one of these dive destinations? I look forward to reading the results.

Also here at Geofish Dive we have a weekly dive social where we talk about diving, the current weather conditions, and answer any questions newcomers or regulars might have about diving.

Happy holidays and good diving to all of you!

Geofish Dive - Scuba Diving, Snorkeling & PADI Instruction in Playa del Carmen & Cozumel, Mexico

I'll be in Playa Feb 7-9th and will stop in and say hello... I'm interested in a cenote trip and perhaps a night reef dive. Can't wait to check it out.

From Feb 9-14th we'll be in Isla Mujeres

To address the OP, I have a handful of dives in both places and they do differ. Coz, for example, has larger coral structures or reefs. PDC has larger schools of fish. And I have, also, seen larger fish in PDC.

We usually stay in PDC and I will split my dive time between the two. For people indecisive of which place to stay, PDC has more going for it. This would be beneficial for the non divers in your group.

Personally I found Cozumel over-rated and over-crowded. Sure the corals where HUGE but other than that I didnt find it all it was bragged up to be, unfortunately..
I dove cancun, cenotes and cozumel last summer and if I where going back and had to skip one of the locations it would be coz.. I know Im weird, but big mountains I can see in my local lake :p

I have dove Playa and Cozumel.
Had a great time in Playa in November.
Dove with the OP during that trip.

I highly recommend Playa and Geofish Dive Center

Having been to Cozumel many times and PDC once earlier this month I must say I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the diving in PDC. Definitely larger schools of fish than in Coz. I saw more on my dives in PDC than I usually do in Coz.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom