New Oceanic VT3 Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Explain to me where your primary gas mix would have a higher O2 content than those used for stage bottles on transmitters 2/3. I assume this is for deco diving, and stage bottles are going to contain a high O2 content, yes? So what is the problem again?

If you aren't using it for deco and you have say a 36% mix on a single and you are using a bail out bottle with air (since it is just a contingency bottle), if for some reason you had to switch to the bail out bottle and you wanted your computer to property track the nitro loading, you would want to switch down to 21% calculations. Especially if you were planning to do subsequent dives.

That is the only reason I can see for needing to go backwards.

Thanks to all for the info. Right now I've only got one transmitter and don't plan on buying others anytime soon. The manual is just very vague on being able to change to leaner mixes if I want to for subsequent dives. Sounds like it is not an issue. I'm going to go ahead and keep the computer. I'll probably try to dive it this weekend. Thanks again!

I have an Oceanic VT3 and dove with it previously but I can't rmrmber how to switch gas mixtures and am hoping somebody can help me. The manual is not easy to follow. How do I switch to a 32% nitox setting for dive #1 and then 36% for dive #2? Any help would be appreciated.

I have an Oceanic VT3 and dove with it previously but I can't rmrmber how to switch gas mixtures and am hoping somebody can help me. The manual is not easy to follow. How do I switch to a 32% nitox setting for dive #1 and then 36% for dive #2? Any help would be appreciated.
From the main dive screen, simultaneously press and hold the front right button and the light button for at least 2 seconds. The screen will switch to "SETF". Release the buttons. Then press and release the right front button, "GAS 1" will appear at the top and "Air" at the bottom. Press the light button to scroll the "Air" through the numbers until the mix # you want appears (32). When you've got the mix set, press and hold the front left button until the normal dive screen comes back. To change the mix for the second dive do the same thing.

Some things to note:
1. If you have the setting for "50% Default" option set to "ON" in the F menu (same menu you use to change the mix) and forget to change the mix after you've dove a EAN mix, the computer will default to 50% nitrox for the next dive (resulting in a very short bottom time and shallow depth in planning mode). So either turn the feature "OFF", or don't forget to set the mix for the next dive.
2. Once you have changed the mix setting from "Air", you won't be able to set the mix to the word "Air" again for 24 hours after your last dive. If you're diving air again before it resets, set the mix to 21%.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks FishoutUvH2O, I went through the manual again and kind of figured it out so I appreciate the help. I'll be n Cozumel on Friday and wanted to be sure I know how to use the computer, my old one was much easier to figure out.

Subscribing. This will be a very handy thread when I purchase a VT3 - in the next month or so.

I know this is an old poast, but thanks ! I just bought the VT3, after having it last year, and forgot how to use it ( sold it last year )

If I'm wear the computer on the right wrist, I want the transmitter on the same side
HP port as the computer right?

I know this is an old poast, but thanks ! I just bought the VT3, after having it last year, and forgot how to use it ( sold it last year )

If I'm wear the computer on the right wrist, I want the transmitter on the same side
HP port as the computer right?

I dive my Atom on the left hand w/ transmitter on the right side... have only had a couple of brief connectivity issues out of 50 dives or so. Simply extending my arm for a couple seconds corrected the problem.

I have the Sherwood Wisdom 2 and the Aeris Elite T3. Both of them have the same FO2 default to 50%. Gotta turn it off. And even then I would still verify before jumping in the water again to make sure that the FO2 default is off and that it's on whatever FO2 I'm diving.

I think that the manufacturers are doing this because too many people forgot to reset the FO2 to the correct mixture when they change their mixes between dives and ending up killing themselves.

If I'm wear the computer on the right wrist, I want the transmitter on the same side HP port as the computer right?

I have my transmitter on the left side of my 1st stage and I wear the computer on my right wrist.

What I have found that greatly reduces the chance of lost signal is to slightly twist my tank to the right when I put the BC on.

If you have the sides of the transmitter angled toward the computer it helps transmission reception.

Back
Top Bottom