Diving Cabo San Lucas next week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

enigmata

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I'm a relatively new diver (25 dives in) looking for some good spots around Cabo San Lucas. I'll be going south next week. Mostly looking to do a few local beach dives, but I'm open to recommendations :D

Hello.There are some beach dives near cabo Santa Maria AND Chalino Beach are OK but the Dives in Cabo are much better. peligan rock, lands end ,Neptunes Finger and the walls.You can rent tanks weights and gear in Cabo. I Dive with Baja Dive Big Boat with lots of shade and small groups. check this link www.baja-dive.net

If you are staying close to Cabo, you most likely will be doing Lands End, Sand Falls, which can be dived within a few minutes of leaving the Marina. There are many dive stores that are reliable, I have used Amigos Del Mar. This store is located right in the downtown marina. They rent gear, will send and Instructor/divemaster into the water with you, small small group

check out my video from my latest trip to Socorro Islands. The Solmar V is a boat in the downtown marina and takes week long charters to this area. . . . next time you plan a trip to Cabo, consider this trip. . . . it is MAGICAL: YouTube - Manta Salsa Dancing on the Solmar V in Socorro Isles

Playa Chileno is a pretty good beach dive. Maximum depth is 50 ft, and there usually are quite a few fish. The only Clarion angelfish that I have ever seen was there. The beach is protected by a long finger of rocks that extends offshore; you dive along these rocks. The only problem is the small dive shop that used to be is no more, so you will have to rent gear from another shop and bring it there. Just park in the main beach parking lot off the highway and haul your gear to the beach.

Thanks for all of your suggestions!

I went with Baja Dive on a two-tank trip to Pelican Rock and Lands End. Pelican Rock was so-so, viz was easily 60 ft, saw a good variety of fish but nothing outstanding. I did like the sheer drop-off as we rounded the rock though. Lands End was excellent, better visibility and saw pufferfish, at least a dozen moray eels, and the wall was pretty neat. Not to mention I finally saw the massive schools of fish that I had been hearing so much of. I later did a dive on my own at Chileno Beach (Dave, I saw the angelfish you mentioned) around the rocks on the south of the beach, which was nice.

Back
Top Bottom