SeaLife DC800

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Be very carefull of chemicals, especially anwhere there is an oring. Windex just sounds like it might eat the rubber or silicone grease that helps seal the unit.

The way I keep my camera housing clean is to keep it wet after a dive if at all possible, salt water won't hurt, and then soak in freshwater as soon as you can. Dry with a soft cloth and that is all I have ever had to do. A lens cloth as mentioned by bmchugh will take care of the rest.

1. anyone know a software program which would allow me to build a trip CD or DVD which could incorporate an intermix of both the mini movies from the camera along with jpeg photos in a seemless presentation?
2. SeaLife Denise - what does the software which comes with the camera do in this regard?
3. anyone else have a favorite software that will do both movie clips and photos?

Thanks - Mr. Pat

Micorsoft Movie Maker allows you to create a video which includes still shots. You can also add music, titles and splice the video. It’s fairly easy to use and comes free with Microsoft XP (Service Pack 2 or above) or MS Vista.

Is the second strobe needed? I've only used single strobes, no experience with dual strobes. Is it worth the money to go for the second?

Is the second strobe needed? I've only used single strobes, no experience with dual strobes. Is it worth the money to go for the second?

There are benefits to adding a second strobe. One would be extra light, of course, resulting in vibrant colors and reduced backscatter. In addition, dual flashes eliminates shadows by illuminating the subject from both sides.

You can get great pictures with either one strobe or two - just see the DC800 photo gallery on the SeaLife website:

SeaLife Underwater Cameras

I used my DC 800 in Grand Cayman and want to download some pictures here. Can someone tell me how to do that?

Load the pix into your computer. Then go to upload photos on SB and hit browse, find the file and you should be good to go. I hope this helps

After reading and re-reading this thread several times, poring over pix taken with the DC800, and literally driving myself crazy trying to decide, I ordered the DC800! Now I'm excited and can hardly wait to get it.

I am an inexperienced diver (I've logged only 7 dives) and plan to do some diving in Belize in the next few weeks. My main two objectives for the camera were (1) that it be waterproof to a decent depth, and (2) that it have great resolution for land photos. I will more often than not be using it around our swimming pool, or snorkeling, but I am excited about diving with it.

I will probably give it to my husband on the dives, as he is much more experienced at diving than I am, and has done some uw photography.

I hope I made the right decision!! This thread was very informative - thanks everyone!

After reading and re-reading this thread several times, poring over pix taken with the DC800, and literally driving myself crazy trying to decide, I ordered the DC800! Now I'm excited and can hardly wait to get it.

I am an inexperienced diver (I've logged only 7 dives)...
I hope you don't mind me jumping in here, but you have 7 logged dives and are about to add to your task loading underwater by adding a camera?

Before I would add the danger of added task loading, I would hope some things are second nature. Things like; bouyancy, trim, how the regulator attaches to the tank (without having to think about it), second nature on how your gear is distributed on your body and how you can get to it without thinking...

I'm not saying you haven't reached the minimums that will make the added task loading under water safer. I'm simply reminding you that there are a lot of things done under the water that need to be automatic and without thought in order to be safe with additional task loading

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom