New Mac OS X Dive App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it possible to import raw data into oceanic's dive log and then export it to mac dive?

The Oceanic software cannot import any data except from their own
dive computers. Even then the Oceanic software will only allow you to import
from oceanic dive computers (not the other Pelagics like Aeris or Wisdom).
OceanLog cannot even import the data files that it exports.

The only only thing that they can do that they call "import" is convert a 1.x version
of the data base to the newer 2.x version of the database. And even then
the "import" can only be done when creating a new database. You cannot
import the dives from an older 1.x database into your existing 2.x database.

--- bill

Last edited:
Bill:
Import is not the problem, I am more wondering about export from dive log to mac dive.

There is a solution, but it would require a Windows PC (or Windows in VMWare Fusion). You can import the Oceanlog file into Diving Log and export in Diving Log to UDCF. The UDCF file can then be imported into MacDive. If it's a one time conversion I can do it for you, so you don't need Windows or Diving log.

Sven

There is a solution, but it would require a Windows PC (or Windows in VMWare Fusion). You can import the Oceanlog file into Diving Log and export in Diving Log to UDCF. The UDCF file can then be imported into MacDive. If it's a one time conversion I can do it for you, so you don't need Windows or Diving log.

Sven

Thanks Sven. I'll give it a shot. I don't have VMWare but I do have parallells.

Sven, how can I send you the data file from my Oceanic log so that you can do the multiple conversions so it can be imported into MacDive? If this is possible this would be a great help to me!

Thank you very much! I am an idiot when it comes to computers so if what I send looks wrong, just let me know!

There is definitely effort at this point to allow downloading from the Pelagic computers on the Mac and on Windows NOT using OceanLog for import into various diving log applications. I am working on a Windows library (.NET) which will hopefully port to Mono for Linux/Mac. The current development application downloads from VT3/Elite T3/Atom2/Epic/Manta/Geo into UDDF (v2.2.6). I am working on download into UDCF as well. Veo/XR-2 and Atmos2/AtmosAI/VT Pro/VersaPro/ProPlus2 work is ongoing.

Hi Nick,

once again thanks for the updates. I use your software to upload all of my dives now.:wink:

There is one issue though that I am having which is a bit of a pain. I always have my D6 set to the 24 hour clock, as for me it makes far more sense than AM/PM nonsense that seems to prevail on the big continent...

Anyway, Macdive doesn't seem to cater for this and when it imports my D6 times it changes them all to the wrong time. i.e 1103 (in the 24 hour clock format) becomes 7:03 PM on macdive, so I have to then go back and painstakingly change them all back manually. If you ever get a chance to address this, would be most appreciated.

Happy New Year.

AA

There is one issue though that I am having which is a bit of a pain. I always have my D6 set to the 24 hour clock, as for me it makes far more sense than AM/PM nonsense that seems to prevail on the big continent...

Anyway, Macdive doesn't seem to cater for this and when it imports my D6 times it changes them all to the wrong time. i.e 1103 (in the 24 hour clock format) becomes 7:03 PM on macdive, so I have to then go back and painstakingly change them all back manually. If you ever get a chance to address this, would be most appreciated.

Odd indeed - I'm sure my D9 is in 24 hour mode and I don't have this issue. I'll double check when I get home. Do the mail thing (macdive@thedoorisajar.org) and I'll give you some debug stuff and we'll take a look.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom