Responsible Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ubascuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Scubadviser is a review site where divers can leave feedback on dive centres and liveaboards that they've dived with.

We're passionate about raising standards in the dive industry (having had some very disappointing experiences ourselves). Part of our mission is to raise awareness around ethical and responsible diving. This is a campaign we've just emarking on and are looking for input from like-minded divers. Please contact us if you feel you can contribute.

welcome aboard

Welcome to the 'board!!!

Scubadviser looks like a great start. You may get more interest from here if you share a bit about yourself on your profile. And feel free to share your first-hand knowledge here on the travel sections as you have already started.

Here are a couple of requirements you should consider. First, posters CAN NOT hide behind handles, they must be open about who they are. Second, YOU should contact the dive op in question and give them the oppertunity to respond. On this board we have seen several instances where indiviguals come here to trash a dive op but once the smoke had cleared it was appearant the poster, not the dive op was the party at fault. It is way too easy for a single person to unfairly give a dive op a bad name without these checks and balances.

Thanks Herman and I take your point. We always contact dive centres when a review has been posted, regardless whether it is good or bad so that they are aware of what is being said about them. It also gives them the opportunity to reply in whatever way they see fit. However, this is a point which has been raised more than once so we're adding a profanity filter to the site. This will 'catch' any reviews including certain words (we control which words trigger the filter) before they are live on the site. If anyone has any other suggestions about how we can limit the incidence of fake reviews, please do let us know.

Welcome to the 'board!!!

Scubadviser looks like a great start. You may get more interest from here if you share a bit about yourself on your profile. And feel free to share your first-hand knowledge here on the travel sections as you have already started.
Thanks Dave, I'll certainly do that. I must admit that forums are very much a new experience for me so I'm having to learn fast! Our reason for launching the site was born out of bitter experience. I'm fairly new to diving (only 50 dives) and have had one too many bad experiences, not just around diver safety but also around respect for the environment. Any suggestions, help or advice anyone can give me will be very, very welcome. Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom