Scuba Diving Magazine SOLD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The old newspaper right? That was fantastic

Yep. I did like the newspaper format. Lots of interesting stories. It was the first dive publication I subscribed to. I was sorry when it got taken over, by Rodales Scuba Diving if my memory serves. I had subscribed to Skin Diver but was quickly turned off by the editorial policy and style, so Underwater USA was kind of it.

My subscription expired on 10-08 and will stay that way

Jim...
Wreck Diving Magazine is a fantastic magazine even if one is not into wreck diving. The photos are great! But the greatest thing about Wreck Diving Magazine is the history that each article provides...
Joe Porter and his wife Heidi are great people and along with their staff put out a magazine that, IMHO, ranks among the top of the top when it comes to diving magazines. You can't go wrong with subscribing to it.

Good Magazine....but they have only put out three issues this year not the four issues I subscribed to get. Usually when I see that happening with diving related magazines, it means the end is near.

Hi Jim,
I saw your comment doing a quick search and wanted to weigh-in. First, I'm glad you enjoy the magazine. We work very hard to produce a magazine that I would by myself if I didn't already produce it.
While the economy isn't helping anyone, the end is not near for us. We keep our overhead very low. The real issues that cause delays in getting our magazine out have to do with people's schedules relative to articles, expeditions, etc, as well as delays resulting from creating ads and proofing for companies that may not have their own layout departments. We are very close to finishing Issue 17, and have been delayed not only due to the ad creations mentioned above, but working with people's schedules to make sure we get certain articles in this issue, such as the exclusive Part 1 article "What Really Happened to the U-869".
Our goal is to have this issue buttoned up and to the printer by Jan 10, so please be patient. I think it will be worth your wait. And by the way, we only charge our subscribers for 4 issues not for the 12 month period, so you will certainly get all 4.
Thanks again for reading the magazine...we certainly enjoy producing it.
Joe Porter
Publisher
Wreck Diving Magazine

Back
Top Bottom