Greetings from Egypt!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paulie B

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
In May of 2006 I got dropped off in Oahu for a week with no one but myself to keep me company. I was unemployed, but after seeking the council of my best friend I decided to call up Ocean Concepts and get Open Water Certified. I logged my four training dives and two boat dives and had to return to the mainland where I was offered a job in... Ohio...

Two and a half years and ZERO dives later, I found myself living in Sharm el Sheikh, Sinai, Egypt. I had forgotten that I signed up for Scubaboard.com until now, and wanted to read what others had to say about diving. I'm about to finish my Advanced Open Water, and I'm not sure how far I'll be able to go in diving before I have to grow up and get a real job back in the US.

I'm looking to buy some equipment this week (beyond my fins, booties, mask, and snorkle). Wish me luck!

Welcome to the Board!!!
Don't rush into buying your gear...check things out thoroughly...there is bound to be good deals...seek and yee shall find...haste is a breeding ground for reproachment
Welcome back to the ediving world..now get back into the watwer!!
Good Luck!!

welcome aboard

Welcome or should I say welcome back.

What a great place to get your advanced certification!!! Red Sea is on my list of "have to go" places.

Thanks for the advice! I'm just thinking of the comfort level before each dive - knowing that my equipment fits right and is comfortable. However, I can't dive without money... so real jobs do come into play :(

Hope to meet you all on a boat here someday soon!

Hello Paulie,

Beware! Sharm El Sheikh has such a wonderful sea that when you will have some more dives around there, you'll never want to leave the place. ;-)
Welcome on SB!

Michel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom