Hotels in PR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My brother and I are planning a dive trip to PR in early July '09. We would like to rent a car and dive different spots around the country. Can anyone recommend some decent hotels (we don't need 5 star but something nice) around Rincon, the east coast or islands, and San Juan?

Thanks!

We were there last year. Things may have changed but this is what we did.

In San Juan, we got $65/n at the Caribe Hilton thru priceline. It was very nice.

In La Parquera we stayed at
Torres De La Parguera hotel
Got the 2 day package of $299 package (total for 2 persons) that included breakfasts and dinners. La Parquera is a small fishing village and this was a pretty good hotel.

In Rincon, we stayed at
villacofresi.com
The web site isn't coming up for me. We got a 2-bdrm suite for $160/n that included breakfasts for 4 (we had 2 couples). The dinner there was good too.
We went diving with Taino Divers.

If you want cheaper accommodation, there are other B&B places in Rincon to be found. Not as many choices in La Parquera.

In La Parguera we have stayed at Posada Porlamar which is motel-like and quite inexpensive, although there is a high-end restaurant on site. Parguera Divers used to be based there, but I understand they're gone and I don't know if another operator has replaced them. La Parguera is a sleepy little village but it wakes up on weekends when a lot of the local islanders come there to party.

You might want to check out Puerto Rico Hotels: Home Page for Small Puerto Rico Inns, Hotels, Resorts & Bed and Breakfast Inns . The web site has lots of information about smaller boutique hotels that offer some great deals. After you narrow down your choices, check them against TripAdvisor.com. Make sure you are comparing apples to apples in terms of rates (base rate + taxes).

I have also stayed at some of the paradores (small inns). You can see the complete list at Paradores, Small Hotels, and Country Inns in Puerto Rico | Go To Paradores .

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom