Dining in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any meal - City Hall Cafe, between Islamorada and Tavernier. A little, quiet place, but the food is excellent.

Favorite places-

Buzzard's Roost- only downside is no booze, just beer and wine.

Sundowner's- one of my favorties.

Sharky's- decent bar food, best place for adult beverages.

Tugboat Annie's Garden of Eatin', just up the street from Kawama, especially eating in the garden. African snook and other culinary delights. And I can bring my lil' doggies.

Another vote for the Key Largo Conch House (New name for the Coffee House)

Whatever Mike_S
Key Largo Conch House (formally the Key Largo Coffee House) is my parents place, so I'm a bit biased - BUT I have been in and around the Key Largo area for the last 10 years and I have to say hands down best food for the best price. My family puts their heart and soul into that place as many of the posters here can tell you! There are a lot of restaurants in the Keys supported by investors, but my parents place is run by you guys and your patronage and support. On behalf of them - thank you.
I live in Ocala and try and make it down once a month. Big Chill is turning into a cool place to have drinks - but it can get a bit pricey, nice views though. Sharkeys smells funny (could be the large gathering of locals...), but man it can be a good time!
Morada Bay - if you are in the mood to spend a little - its a "sunset with the significant other place" for sure. You dont have to dress up, but you may feel a little uncomfortable if you dont at least take a shower...
Lor e li in Islamorada is a great place for a fish sandwich and a "pain in the ass" drink for lunch! Smoked fish dip is awesome!

Whatever Mike_S
Key Largo Conch House (formally the Key Largo Coffee House) is my parents place, so I'm a bit biased - BUT I have been in and around the Key Largo area for the last 10 years and I have to say hands down best food for the best price. My family puts their heart and soul into that place as many of the posters here can tell you! There are a lot of restaurants in the Keys supported by investors, but my parents place is run by you guys and your patronage and support. On behalf of them - thank you.

say "whatever" as much as you want.... last time we ate there we got sick. can't change that.

I don't mean just me, I mean several people in my group.

Do I think they did it intentionally? I would hope not.

It was most likely just some bad fish they served that night (that they didn't know was bad). Regardless, we got sick. can't change that.

I've seen others who enjoyed it. It even came highly reccomended to us.... As my first post said, I've also had a great meal there another time.

But we also got sick enough that past time that we couldn't leave the hotel. It is what it is....

I'll add the Buzzard's Roost in upper Key Largo to that list, just off Garden Cove Road (side street just before where the dive boats dock).

And I always like Bentley's down in Islamorada.

For casual (right off the boat) dining, Mrs. Mac's is a great choice (perhaps the best all-around choice for a post-dive lunch).

Well if you're gonna slide down the mile markers! Yeah Bentley's is a great place!

Islamodara Fish Company is good (and cheap!) Ran into MasonLC down there also after the Eagle "event".

Man, I'm getting hungry!!!!:popcorn:

(I'll have to crack open a can of conch chowder tonight!)

Sorry you had a bad experience Mike - I know my family would have done anything to make it right by you and yours if they would have known.

Fish eye view - the Crib is a risk for sure! Its close proximity to the boat ramp makes it a great place on a rainy afternoon to sit and watch tourists get their boats out of the water though - what a hoot!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom