If you could only dive in one spot for the rest of your life...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cozumel...but I'd love to go to Palau before I gave my final answer.

.....where would it be? I'm just curious. I've only been diving in Playa del Carmen, Plettenberg Bay (South Africa), Cozumel and Lake Minnewanka (Banff National Park). Out of my limited experience, I'd pick Cozumel.

Okay go...:popcorn:

I surely would not pick Cozumel because you would be stuck on Cozumel Island.

Better would be Key Largo. Also quite affordable there, to retire.

There's no question in my my mind: Pt Lobos.

That's funny, because except for island fever, I would think the big island of Hawai'i rates way up on the list close to #1. Because not only do you have world class scuba on the big island, but also snorkeling with dolphins, beaches with black with green sand, volcanoes (not one but 2 of them), skiing, caves on the surface too, horseback riding, hiking, etc.

Right where I live now ... Exmouth Western Australia. Endless opportunities and extremely varied ground. Tons of nudibranchs. Extraordinary diversity and numbers of marine life. Relatively nice weather and conditions all year round.

How does this compare with the other side? The Great Barrier Reef?

that is really tough. I like all kinds of diving, cold water and warm water, coral reefs and rocky reefs, deep and shallow, boat and shore..... if I had to pick one location and cost was not a factor......... Palau. :D (sheer walls and shallow reefs, sharks and mantas, tons of schooling fish, caves and wrecks, big fish and tiny fish....) It is the only place we have been that has so much diversity. I have been told that I would feel the same way about Indonesia and Philippines, we just haven't made it there to see for ourselves.

robin:D

I have heard many people rate Palau as the #1 dive site in the world.

However I would not want to be stuck there every day.:no:

Back
Top Bottom