Dive Unprofessionals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i think its a little unprofessional to be judging our clients. especially to be labelling them with such general insults. he might be loud and rich - but to be rich, he must have done something right and if you spent more than 5 minutes getting past the bravado then you might just learn something from him.

those with, as you point out as an example, less with 50 dives are hopefully still extremely excited about scuba diving. sure, they might have an overinflated view of their skills but they are still diving and thats what we want and need. they might not have seen a issue in or out of the water but when they do, we hope that they have the training and skill to deal with it. or if not, that they trust us to assist them.
and they are not going to trust us if they get the feeling that we are all talking about them behind their backs. you know as well as i do, that you can tell when someone is talking about you behind your back.

we (divemasters, instructors etc) need to be role models, not just to our students but to our clients as well. after all, we dont want them to decide that we are stuck up, egotistical, snide and impatient. which i am sorry "LastManOut" but that is exactly how you have come across.

So, according to your standards, hockey, soccer, volleyball, boxing or wrestling wouldn't qualify as sports either? Or do they fall into the etc box.
FWIW, the standard I posted, they would all qualify as sports. But golf would not.

If you want to live life affording to a book - be my guest.
No, I just prefer to speak English that way--using several books though. If you want to coin your own little NudeDiver dialect, be my guest. It'll make talking to yourself easier.

I'm not a working diver ergo I can't be unprofessional about diving. I may be a boor, an inconsiderate ass, a blowhard, a nincompoop, but I am not unprofessional because I am not in the profession of diving.

we (divemasters, instructors etc) need to be role models, not just to our students but to our clients as well. after all, we dont want them to decide that we are stuck up, egotistical, snide and impatient. which i am sorry "LastManOut" but that is exactly how you have come across.

Haha... This has really opened up a can of worms. Hubris? Snide? My word you lot are a fiery bunch! Next I'll have Tom Cruise on here telling me I'm glib!

Seriously though, I didn't start the thread to sound smarter than anyone else, and I didn't come on here to start fights. The thing is, I asked that question to guage your responses. They've been right on the money so far.

Some understand exactly where I'm coming from and realise that I'm not speaking about every person I meet, just a select few. Some people need to lighten up a bit and have a laugh. My number one priority in this industry, diving aside, is always making the customer feel like they have had great fun. I am never condescending, rude, or anything less than totally accommodating.

I think it must be the dry Aussie sense of humour getting me in trouble :)

While I'm getting shot at, I might as well ask some more questions. Does anyone actually bother buying those Platinum Cards from SSI? Or the shirts that say Platinum Diver? What about the Master Instructor rating? I'd love to hear what you all think about those.

-- N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom