What was your greatest dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So far - Thomas Canyon - Tiran Islands Red Sea (few years ago) - the most beautiful canyon.
Peannut tunnel with GDI - the worst part of my cave training, and giving be the biggest satisfaction (2006)
The first CCR dive. I was scared to death and at the end of the dive I saw 3 fishes. And they stayed in their place. I could scratch them, look at them really closely - because I was nat making any noise. And this was why I decided - OK, let's do it. Time for CCR!!!! (2007)

These are my most memorable dives of all

I have some, too.
1. Dos Ojos Cenote near Tulum, Mexico was definately one of them:
Hovering through a cave in crystal-clear water... amazing.
2. Navy Pier in Exmouth, Australia, near the Ningaloo Reef was also one: Althought hte visibility was not that good, it was just packed with amazing underwater life!
3. Temple of the Sea, Perhentian Islands, Malaysia:
Lots of different animals. Giant Moray, school of squids, devilfish, stonefish, scorpionfish, lionfishes etc. amazing!

Dives are like children - they are each beautiful in their own special way.

Define greatest!
Memorable? Oh yes..

Attachments

• Whalesharksmall.jpg
    Whalesharksmall.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 50
LaPaz, Mexico - saw 100 moray eels on one dive. Damned if I can't remember the name of the site. There were three seamounts that started at 80 feet and descended to 300 feet of water.

Every crack had five or six eels grouped together. By the time we swam across all three seamounts we counted at least 100 eels!

Craziest thing I've ever seen. On the boat ride back to shore we also snorkeled with a group of Pilot Whales. Also, very cool!

The "rocket" drift dive thru Tiputa Pass on Rangiroa in French Polynesia. What I really want to dive is a German U-boat.

I am such a NOOB with such limited experience that my answer will likely change many times in the future... but so far it was Golden Arches in Kona... it was my first ocean dive, and on the decent I was just amazed at what I could actually see... the vis was outstanding even for Kona (well over 100 feet)...

I am ready to do it again, and again, and again.

My next dive is my greatest. That includes the the pool at the local LDS.

My absolute most favorite dive was at at site called Space Mountain in the Cay Sal Bank. It was most likely the conditions of the day, the stars were in line etc., etc. that made it so memorable.

I guess I'm easy to please because I still get a a rush every time I take that first breath underwater.

greatest dive so far also the most scarriest, diving locally at porteau cove. notorisouly bad vis.
thousands of huge lingcods. some of the biggest i've ever seen.
ready to do a safety stop, lingcod sees im in its territory, starts going for the strike, almost pooped in my dry suit and he buggered off the last second.

that was fun.

I was just down in Cozumel and the Riviera Maya. My favorite dives in Coz were Palancar Bricks and Columbia Deep, with the fantastic coral heads, a eagle ray sighting, turtles... we did The Devil's Throat too, which was cool as well.

Then I went to the mainland, and did 2 dives at Dos Ojos Cenote. Wow! Definitely the most BEAUTIFUL dive I have ever been on, especially looking back at the openings and seeing the shafts of light beams in the super clear bluish water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom