Key Largo Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow. SpearGirl's thread is a great resource for Key's info.
I'm hoping to take my scuba club to Key Largo for spring break (first week of March). There are about six of us committed to going (+instructor, hopefully). Is there anywhere relatively cheap that could accommodate all of us?
you might think about renting a 2-bedroom condo with sofabeds/air mattresses, or a multi-bedroom townhome through speargirl. Split 6 ways it would be cheap cheap cheap and really nice!

I've dived with Ocean Divers in Key Largo 12 times since 2004 (see Undercurrent). They're very reliable, run to the Spiegel Grove or Duane every morning and the Duane Sunday afternoon. Do take a look at their website (http://oceandivers.com/charter/index.htm) regarding requirements for deep wrecks, AOW or at least 2 logged dives to 80 feet or deeper within the last year. They run to the reefs every afternoon and with their 2nd boat on Saturday and Sunday morinings. Great luck with your trip

Good diving, Craig

you might think about renting a 2-bedroom condo with sofabeds/air mattresses, or a multi-bedroom townhome through speargirl. Split 6 ways it would be cheap cheap cheap and really nice!

Ah. So SpearGirl IS the one to talk to. I knew somebody rented condos down there but couldn't remember which one of you it was. :D

The group I'm going with will mostly be newly certified divers so no Duane or Spiegel for me this time (saving that to dive with your pros at ITK :wink: )

I've been out with Sea Dwellers several times. The Captains and crew were always excellent. The boat is close to the Holiday Inn and Marina Del Mar, both within walking distance. I stayed at Marina Del Mar each time. It isn't fancy, but clean and close. There is a restaurant between the 2 hotels. Just down the road is Mrs. Mac's---excellent food.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom