Who has the youngest 72

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishpie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
My local shop just repaid a favor I did them by giving me a steel 72, they know I like them, since I fill all my others there.
This one was manufactured in 2/82. Before this one the youngest I'd seen was from the mid 70's and was a bit surprised to find a PST 72 from the 80's.
The tank has what looks to be an original Sherwood sticker running its length and a Sherwood/Selpac K valve.
It has the Pressed Steel logo between the month and year of the first hydro...a big P with a small s t underneath.
Actual markings:
DOT-2AA2250
5741Y
Pst
2Pst82+
Does anyone know when they stopped making 72's?
Has anyone seen/got one made later?

No idea, the latest I've seen was from 78.

I have one that's stamped from 1968. I just repainted it and have it hanging to dry. It still passses hydro and VIP. I'll get the numbers off of it once the clearcoat is dry. When I originally got them they had a nasty paint job on them, so I stripped them down, and in the process I found that one of them had an AMF Voit sticker on it. I should have gotten a picture of that.

I think I win so far. Mine is a US Diver's CO. with original J-valve (unfortunately need a din valve now that my regs are DIN) Last hydro tested in 2005, due for VIP though, Original Paint and US. Diver's CO. sticker on the front. Also have a matching backpack for it in my basement. I say I win so far because this beautiful tank (which I still use) was manufactured in June of 1960. My absolute FAVORITE tank, only because some people think I am crazy for still using it. LOL. Hope this helps to get things going.

Paint

Wow I feel really stupid. Quickly read the topic and thought it said oldest, then after checking when I posted, noticed it said YOUNGEST! Sorry about that. LOL Man I feel stupid........

Paint

Wow I feel really stupid. Quickly read the topic and thought it said oldest, then after checking when I posted, noticed it said YOUNGEST! Sorry about that. LOL Man I feel stupid........

Paint

But I have you beat on old, 1957

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom