titan lx supreme question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

potato cod

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My husband and I recently got Titan LX Supreme regs and have used them in the pool and on a recent trip to the Florida Keys.

I have no issues with mine, breathes great, and if anything I find that it gives me too much air and I sometimes back off the venturi knob a bit. My husband, on the other hand, is less enamored with his. Apparently, his reg growls and whistles quite a bit and he also feels like he's not getting as much air as he would like even with the venturi knob in the full open position. Granted, he is a bit of an air hog, but after our winter scuba skill workshop in the pool last week, he said he thought it breathed less well than some of the cheaper rentals we've used.

My question is, do you think his reg just might need some adjustment? If so, what are the obvious things to ask the dive shop to check? Thanks!

Probably just needs adjusting.
The shop should check the intermediate pressure given out by the 1st stage.
The 2nd stage orifice might be cranked in too much....does the 2nd stage rattle if you shake it with the reg pressurized?

Easy way to check.. Switch regs. If he likes your reg, get his fixed. If he doesn't, get one he does.

Yeah, I thought about switching regs. Will have to swap out mouthpieces because I need a smaller one, but that only takes a few seconds. If it seems likely to be an adjustment issue, however, I'd rather just get it taken care of before our next workshop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom