January PNWUPS Gathering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danclem

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
The January gathering of Pacific Northwest underwater photographers will be Saturday, January 31 at the Reserve in Mill Creek. The address is below:

The Reserve
14420 North Creek Dr
Mill Creek, WA 98012

I can hardly wait to get some tips on my 105mm macro Christmas present!

Dan

Any agenda or specific topics of discussion?

Presentations?

Swap meet?

Sorry about the time: 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM. Johanna Raupe is handling the agenda, as I will be out of the area on a ski/boarding trip. Since this is a new location I believe the intent is to keep the agenda a bit more flexible in the event we run into "undocumented features."

Last meeting there was a good comparison of the differences in software: Photoshop vs Elements vs LightRoom vs iPhoto. I believe this discussion will continue. We have also had individuals bring two or three shots they would like to see enhanced, and shown how white balance, color correction, etc can be accomplished with different software.

There is also going to be a discussion of displaying work at the Northwest Dive Expo in Tacoma. I just finished a book on the Edmonds Underwater Park (Critters, Creatures, and Kelp: being bound this week), and will have booth 201. I have offered some space for PNWUPS folks. There is a participant coming down from Anacortes who has a number of questions about RAW vs JPG, and the different editing tools.

Hope this helps,

Dan

Good info ... I think I'll try to make it to the meeting.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Hi Dave:

Meeting dates for the next few months were discussed at the last get together, but I am out of the area on a back country ski outing until February 10. WIll post dates as soon as I am back in "civilization (?)".

Cheers,

Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom