Diving Sticks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Richard H

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have seen other photographers (and guides) using sticks to anchor themselves a bit in current when taking photos. Anyone know where these can be bought ?

Thanks

Ryan at Reef sells one, we make our own. Got some Titanium or stainless steel rod from McMaster Carr and drill a small hole in a rubber wine cork. Push the rod in, stays perfectly.
Bill

SB's own Papa Bear sells these.... Two Tanked Productions HD & SD Underwater Productions and video services

in fact, he just sent me one (arrived yesterday) to test out and show some of the local divers here that have been also interested in this lately

i must say, its not what i expect.... i expected a sharp skewer stick of death but its bigger, blunter (ie not as deadly) than i thought it would be so i'll be passing it around over the next few weeks

cheers

they are popular in SE Asia (APAC region); but in red sea they're a no-no

you can use one of the BBQ wooden sticks instead, lasts 3 dives or so

A piece of (3/8" or so) aluminum rod stock works well, won't rust and is light.

Lorraine, I've been thinking about you and Theo and Neets and Alcina. How terrible about the fires.

OK, sorry for the hijack. I got one that's plastic. Lightweight and very handy. I used it all over Indonesia. It is especially good for muck diving. You stick it in the mud to hold yourself steady while photographing the strangest critters you will ever see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom