Suggestion Q about "banned" words

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Warthaug

Warthaug

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a quick question about banned words here on SCUBAbaord - how exactly does a word get put on "the list". I understand putting profanity and whatnot on the list, but have been surprised by a few of the words which get starred out - certain 1940's-era German political movements for example.

Just curious...

Bryan

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to ask my actual question, is there a way to recommend words be removed from "the list"?

Last edited:
:shocked2:

I see you slipped a few through there, but does your Mom know you talk like that?! :no: :rofl3:

She's from New York ... OF COURSE her mom knows ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I guess it all depends on perspective: we have three dogs (1 female and 2 male) and we participate in a dog team sport called flyball. After practice, the dogs run loose to socialize and our female dog is the team alpha-bitch (any un-mannered pup that joins the team gets taught respect lessons by her - no bites no aggression just plain dominance). So my daughter (who was 6 years old when we adopted the dog) learnt the proper meaning of bitch early and used it in class reports - much to her teachers surprise!!!

She's from New York ... OF COURSE her mom knows ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob - Yep, I'm from New York and yep, mom knows. :D

Warthaug - Apologies for hijacking your thread. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming..."banned words".

I can see some of those being banned but why is a Chinese martial art not allowed to be posted? Kung ** always gets ****'d!
Yeah, but saying F... U isn't really comme il faut. :no:

Now, if this was a martial arts forum...

I can see some of those being banned but why is a Chinese martial art not allowed to be posted? Kung ** always gets ****'d!

Good try, Jim. :wink:

Yeah, but saying F... U isn't really comme il faut. :no:

Now, if this was a martial arts forum...

El's is always watching....he's everywhere...

Why, thank you, thank you every much. :D

Yes, I have quite the mouth when I'm pissed off. My fave is mother****er!!!
You're quite welcome! :wink:

My fave too, but; I tend to dish out profanity quite often, even when I'm in a good mood. Must be cuz I'm an old sailor and my Dad was a Drill Instructor. :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom