I Need Info on Honduras & Roatan Really Soon!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks leadweight. I understand now why it's so cool. : )

I think we will just decide where to stay once we get there. Will take the first ferry to Roatan first thing Sunday morning and check things out since West End is so small. Talked to Coconut Tree Divers and I'm sure we'll be diving with them. Their rentals are extremely reasonable. Much cheaper than paying extra baggage fees on the airline and less to tote around!

So where does the ferry come in? I assume we just grab a taxi to West End from there?

Bay Island Diver, what are the temps now?

Thanks all, I'm getting excited!

Its getting warm right now though. My little black puppy is getting lethargic!

That's how it works Will, right after I leave. I am hoping to return, either in March, or after April 15th. I have a 5/4 on order from Leisurepro. It was a lot of fun diving with CTD. Say high to the puppy for me, and everyone else, especially Marco, Jose, Adam and Tim. There was a great bunch of DMT's there, but I guess they are getting ready to move on.

-Ron

Oh, and is there anywhere to get internet service? Any hotels have wireless service?

Thanks!

Arco Iris has internet & a wireless router. There is a place at the other end of West End, Barefoot Charlies, IIRC, where you can get internet for $10 for 2 weeks, but they do not allow sharing of the log on.

Last edited:
That's great. I'd really like to have internet service so I can keep tab on my three boys I am leaving home. I'll tell them to keep their chat on whenever they're home so I can check on them.

Beth,

With 4 sons you must be one busy mom.

-Ron

Hi Beth,

Glad you moved the thread. Becky and me were planning a trip last year which got canceled but I do remember a river rafting tour on the mainland that looked very good. Checked my old bookmarks and no love. Maybe the suggestion will jog a memory and get you a link.

Have a great trip.

Hi leadweight! Now that they are older, it's not so busy. The oldest is away at college now so down to three at home! : )

Thanks for telling me about this forum Driftwood. Definitely the place to be. Sorry your trip got cancelled. Hopefully you can get back there some time. I did see the river rafting. Looks fun.

Thanks again for all the info. I feel much better. I'll send a trip report and maybe even check in while I'm there!

Hi Beth,

Here is the link I lost, Home

Hi,

I just spent a month in Utilia and about four days in Roatan in January. Dove in a 3mm but was a little cool - 26 C. A 1 mm hood helped quiet a lot, but a 5mm suit would have been best.

I really liked the little cabin bungalows behind Chilies at the west end. They are inexpensive, and peaceful, close to everything and have access to a kitchen. There is an internet cafe just down the street with desktops and connection for laptops.

If you walk down the street 5 minutes - Reef Gliders is a really nice dive shop with good gear and a much more relaxed atmosphere than CCT divers. It's easy to shop around ;-)

Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom