Howdee, new to the forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

r1_addict

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
My 15 year old son and I just got out open water cert finished up last weekend. We are looking forward to getting out there. Can anyone recommend some cool local sites to hone our skills at before we "take the plunge":D We need to master out buoyancy and get used to swimming around under the water. You know the drill.

My friend of 28 years owns EZ Scuba and he gave us private lessens. Eric is well versed and I am sure we will do most of our diving with him. We would like to get our selves out there and meet some cool people and explore with...

We are out of Oldsmar, just moved here from Boston...

Howdee right back at ya! You will have no problems finding people to dive with in Florida, I'm sure. There's a great bunch here on Scubaboard. Check the Florida Conch Divers forum.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome! Be sure to come to the next Meet & Greet and introduce yourselves!

You are in the right place to find local divers in the Tampa Bay area. I would suggest Devils Den and Blue Grotto for nice easy dives. They both have overhead conditions so you have to be a little careful but they dont require cavern certs to dive there. ( I was certified in those locations)
I think the next meet and greet will be at Donnys house or Carolyns on the Pinellas side of the bay. (These were suggestions at the last M&G) There should be a post soon.
Donny............Carolyn? Any volunteers?

Thanks for the welcome. I have done the Blue Grotto, it was pretty cool and a very comfortable dive. I loved the vis, we did the Hudson Grotto the day before and I can say once is enough for that hole :)

Welcome to the board.

Check the board regularly for dive plans. There is always a dive or 10 planned for the weekends especially when the weather warms up.

Do you own an R1?

Sorry guys, been crazy busy. I will post up some ideas for the next M&G by Wed.

Welcome R1 and son:cool2:

Here's a thought, what about a M&G on a Saturday afternoon at somewhere like Sand Key Park (Clearwater Pinellas side) where we can sit and chill yet enjoy the ocean?

It might be better to plan do something like that now while the water is cooler so as not to interfere with local diving plans.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom