Overwhelmed. Need trip advice!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

babydamulag, your comment above is hysterical...

well, i am said girlfriend... and i hope to god my family does not start thinking like that!!!

as for the comments, a big THANK YOU to all... they are really helpful, and will at least help us narrow down the places.

we are flying directly into cebu via hongkong on cathay pacific... staying at nalusuan for a few days, and hanging out for a day or 2 with family there... then the plan is definitely el nido to just chill and relax for a few days... boracay may be a no-go since i don't really wanna do super-touristy stuff... i have to do iligan (yes this is close to cagayan de oro) to see my mom's side of the family, but then the rest of the time i think we will be based somewhere in the visayas so we can dive around there (apo island, malapascua, etc)...

welcome to the PPD Carlinha. be sure to act surprised in el nido so Scubajay32 doesnt hunt chip down for blowing his, well, surprise.

Ha Ha. I am so sad that my, well, surprise has been blown. What are you guys talking about???

Ha Ha. I am so sad that my, well, surprise has been blown. What are you guys talking about???

hrmmm....u still don't know?! i guess its still going to be a SURPRISE!!!:wink::rofl3:

well... you can still surprise carlinha...

hmmmmmm... let's see...

ummmmmmm...

damn... chip did let the proverbial cat out of the bag...

well you can propose in NY, she can happily show the folks the huge rock you gave her (or surprise! no rock! :rofl3: )... then spend your el nido money in coron or another dive destination :wink:

Jag

lol ok, I edited my previous post and spoilered it.... :D

If you're cutting out Boracay, Palawan is an excellent substitute. El Nido is great, but if you'll be in Palawan for an extended period, get ready to throw down the $$$ for it. To get there from Cebu you have 2 options:
1) fly to Manila then transfer to a small prop plane to El Nido.
2) fly to puerto princesa then take an 8 hour bus ride up to El Nido.

You certainly get what you pay for in El Nido, so it's worth the money. If you want the ritzy tropical life style and the feeling of exclusiveness, go for El Nido.

However, if you guys wanted something less ritzy expensive but with similar scenery and non-touristy atmosphere, take a look at Coron. The diving highlights there are the wrecks, Barracuda lake, and Gunther's Cathedral (cavern).

After Palawan, you can head back to Manila and fly to CDO or Iligan and spend sometime there.

Unless you plan to say goodbye to your family in Cebu, I reco you just leave back for the states from Manila.

edit: check this post out: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ph.../272797-el-nido-diving-worth.html#post4218140

Last edited:
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

well, i am said girlfriend... and i hope to god my family does not start thinking like that!!!

Oh..no worries....when my Filipina girlfriend (later wife) took me to meet her family, her brothers and father just LOVED me. :shakehead: :rofl3:
About a year later I think they actually talked to me.

coron is cheaper than el nido but has its own share of awesome places you can explore via island hopping (we absolutely loved it!).... a wreck diving haven as well. though, busuanga town is a ***********...there's just nothing else to do there, and no beach to laze around either...

After family affairs I recommend you a place for chill out...
Dive - Relax and / or Adventure in Antique's hidden paradise...
Diving at awesome new spots....lonely white beaches...and great services
whatever more for recover ?
Check Pandan, Culasi area just 45 minutes from the airports Catiklan or Kalibo
and you'll see that paradises are still existing

Back
Top Bottom