Help! Ducomi Pier - Dumaguete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have to admit to falling off the grid for a while. First time i've been on SB in over a month :shocked2:

I will be back in Dauin on Wednesday and doing a course, so I may get a chance to see how things are - although hopefully Caloy will report back before then...

If there's anything else I have missed of interest then please point me in the right direction, as I am not planning on going trough all the threads i missed!

Hope everyone is well :D

oi matt...glad to have you back in PI!!!! :) Lilja looks like she was enjoying the snow...

argh... i hope it isn't too late to dive ducomi pier yet... i am yet to do that dive...!

thanks guys - yep the snow was pretty good fun...we'll be glad to be back on the beach soon though!

I was there last friday too, Rhoody...hmmm 2pm. The biz was horrible, say 2-3 feet?. Went back today 10am and there were noisy compressors, hissing hoses and high pressure bubbles coming from each of the big pier pillars (norththern side). They were telling us to do the dive at the smaller pier. We opted to cancel. I'll just come back in two years time.

Still here in Dauin.....coming home tomorrow :(

you should have done the small pier koya. still a very good dive and lots of critters in the sand.

waiting for you pics thread.

you should have done the small pier koya. still a very good dive and lots of critters in the sand.

waiting for you pics thread.
did that too....sucks. Too tired to make or post report/pics but we really had a good time in Dauin/Apo. Coming back next year is a big possibility, I need to dive Apo again.

Caloy, I was at 8am there and no work was going on, I would say about 5 - 8 meters visibility at that time, no work was going on, but the workers were preparing to start

The Posts of the small Pier are also cleaned at the Bottom (1 meter or so) but the whole surrounding is covered with sand and dirt.

At the big pier they digg out the ground around the posts at the moment.

You can be very unlucky when there is no current and they are working on the Pier, you might be not able to see your Computer at the end of your arm.

I still think its a great dive if you jump in the water the right time. But definitely NOT like 2 month before.

Anyway, I also got privately contacted by several local dive-operators, that I can't tell the truth as its not good for their business...

Hmmmm, I tried to be very diplomatic (for Rhoody standart), but won't support that dollar sucking businesses, promoting themself with non existing and wrong facts. sorry... hehe

Anyway, like Caloy said: DAUIN rocks totally at the moment.. when scorpion-leaffish and ghostpipe-fish start to bore you, you know you are in the middle of a great dive... hehe

Caloy, I was at 8am there and no work was going on, I would say about 5 - 8 meters visibility at that time, no work was going on, but the workers were preparing to start

Anyway, like Caloy said: DAUIN rocks totally at the moment.. when scorpion-leaffish and ghostpipe-fish start to bore you, you know you are in the middle of a great dive... hehe
Hey Rhoody, I don't know which place you were drinking last Saturday night but I saw Adventuredive shop was full of happy faces (spirit aided perhaps). And I thought Rizal Boulevard was one big Hell's Angels convention, I never saw that many Harleys and leather jackets in one small place (Why Not?).

note to self: at ducomi - dive early:wink:

i plan to dive dauin/apo the second time around as well.... the turtles are awesome there...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom