50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am 55.
I live in Austin, TX
I dive in Lake Travis, San Marcos Aquarena Springs and river and the Caribbean.
Favorite dive stores are American Diving in South Padre Island and ScubaToys in Carrollton, TX.
NAUI Course Director, NAUI Technical Instructor and DAN Instructor-Trainer

Also 61 - OW (SSI) Nitrox (NAUI) planning next weekend to do drysuit qual, underwater navigation qual, lift-bag qual and night/restricted vision qual --> Advanced OW diver (NAUI) possibly followed by a couple dives in the Gulf (from Destin). YaHOO!

~John

Thanks coralcruiser for the san salvador,bahamas invite!!! Looks like i'll be joining and meeting the group in june!! I'm excited to meet some new dive buddies.. Even a few from my state of texas! Will be talking with you soon!

My name is Michelle, I live just south of Ft. Worth,Texas. My favorite diving sites are in the Caribbean--2/3 times a year. I am a Master Diver certified thru SDI. I have adopted TIGER SHARK SCUBA in Arlington, Texas as my new dive center.
My next dive will be 150. My next warm water destination will be in San Sal Bahamas in June.....with some folks I met thru SCUBA BOARD. This will be my first time to meet them in person !!!
HAPPY DIVING !!

New diver at 52 yo. I live near Chicago, IL. I have been to Lake Travis, Austin, TX; Florida Keys and the Galapagos Islands. Local dives at Haigh Quarry, Waukeegan, IL. I want to get into Lake Michigan and get wet locally.

I recieved my C-card from NAUI in November of 2008. I plan to get advanced open water soon.

OK, I am and wanted to see how many more of us are out there.
Where do you live?
Where do you dive?
Favorite dive shop?
Current certification?

+3 this year, I live in Ontario Canada. Mostly Dive Wrecks in the Great lakes, Also Grand Cayman & Cuba. I would have to say that my favorite Dive shop is in Sierra Mar Santiago de Cuba.
Started diving in 76 currently ACUC, PADI Rescue and TDI for Nitrox

+8
Where do you live? Northwest New Jersey
Where do you dive? Primarily Dutch Springs in PA, Atlantic off the Jersey shore, Key Largo, Cancun, Cape Cod
Favorite dive shop? Kunuku Dive & Travel
Current certification? Rescue

Was certified in Nov 2007 and will start working towards DiveMaster Certification. With the investment in equipment I am looking for many years of diving.
:wink:

Where do you live? Northern Indiana, about 1 mile from MI and about 10 miles East of Notre Dame
Where do you dive? Have only done warm water/ salt water dives except for my cert training. I usually dive in the Keys, have dived in HI- The Manta Ray night dive is incredible!!!
Favorite dive shop? There are only 2 local dive shops in this area... Hart City in Elkhart IN and JR Aquatics in Niles MI.
Current certification? OW - Went to Ft Laud last year to cert for AOW but backed out after an equipment malfunction and really rough seas.

I've been certified for 2 years and only have 16 dives. I plan on doing some lake (euwwww) diving this summer for the experience. I also will take part in the Guiness Record Breaking Dive at Gilboa Quarry in Ohio this July.

I'm 52- soon to be 53 (Apr. 8), year young grandma. -Have 3 adult children, all finally out of college and gainfully employed, and 2 grandchildren. SCUBA Is something I've always wanted to do, but until the children were grown and on their own, it was time and cost prohibitive.

I'm working on getting my own equipment little by little, as while the kids are all grown and on their own, we're still blessed with remnants of college loans.

Last edited:
54 female diver
DFW Texas
I dive alot! Dec was the Scorros trip of a life time. Jan I was in Roatan at cocoview. Last year did Cozumel 4 times. Love Curacao, 8 times there. I use to go to Cayman alot but it got too pricey. Have done mostly caribbean diving. Going on the Juliet May 9th to do Mona Island off the west coast of Puerto Rico and we have 2 spots available for the 50's crowd left. Great time on that boat....Juliet Sailing and Scuba Diving Doing
FIJI in Oct and we have 3 bures left on that one. It another 40-50s crowd going..so far 40 of us so dont anyone say 50 is too old to dive!!!!!
I have met the best people on dive boats and liveaboards that are in the 50s crowd and loving life to the fullest now! ITS OUR TIME!

WOW what a great schooner. 12 guest only that is so much better than the cattle boats. I could not tell but do couples have individual cabins?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom