New KY Diver from Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, i am a pro on land, so what if I bring both bottles and cans just in case I exceed well? I can twist a top off like no other. lol

Bottles require two hands, what about your regulator? Where do you tie off your opener, use a retractable lanyard, suicide clip? Trick with cans is you can one hand open them with the wire tie. All in due time grasshopper!

Take a look at Kenny's avatar, you will see a wire tie on top of that can.

OK, I was thinking one hand for the beer, spit my regulator out and open the bottle with my mouth or my well prepared BC with a bottle opener on it. Custom made?

Might work if you are diving a bungeed second at your chin but, this is not a DIR recognized course. Long hoses interfere with proper technique!

I'm not DIR,.... but I guess the long hose bit leaves me out.:depressed::rofl3:

I'm not a tech diver, so I am confused now. You are talking about my regular regulator hose. Are the hoses shorter on someone with tech diving equipment? Just a question, I am really a smart animal.

Are the hoses shorter on someone with tech diving equipment? Just a question, I am really a smart animal.

No, longer. Most tech divers use a 7' regulator hose for their primary reg and a short one for their backup. The 7' primary is the one given to an out of air diver.

Hey all, I am in W.KY. right up the road from Hopkinsville about 20min or so. I may have to try and make it out your way some time this summer. I have been talking to KY Bob about doing some diving. Cheers. Mark

Hey Mark, good to see you on. Yes, as Mark said, on my technical equipment & have a 7ft hose on my primary regulator that would be handed off to an Out- of- Air Diver. The 7ft hose comes off the tank valve on my right hand (left if facing me) side, goes down, tucked under my canister light battery, up across my chest to my left side, around the back of my neck to my face, in a big loop. My secondary comes off my left (right if facing me) valve & regulator, is on a very short hose that just long enough to come around the back of my neck, to the front & is on a necklace just below my chin.

To elaborate a little further. This arrangement started in the caves of N. FL. The idea was, if you have to go through a restriction, while sharing air, single file, how do you do it. Well, with a 7' reg hose, thats how. Now we can share air and be single file in the water. It also goes with the theory of giving your primary reg to an OOA diver. This way you are giving a reg that you know is working properly(as it was just in your mouth) and if there is any trouble with the back up, you the calm one, can deal with the problem better than the one who is starting to freak out since they don't have any air.

Hope this helps. You are kinda getting tag teamed by Tammy and I.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom