Hey gang, it's Captain Slate from Key Largo!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Capt
How's the parrot doing ?

welcome aboard

In December 1982, I was out with one of my buddys on a Friday evening. He was from Michigan and had been in Florida for almost a year and despite all my arguments had never dived there. I was stationed at the Naval Training Center in Orlando and went diving every chance I got :) He had been there for training and was leaving in two weeks.

At that point, I had never been to the keys.... I told my friend... you're leaving soon, this might be your last chance to dive in Florida, I'll loan you the gear... realizing that I was right, he agreed. "Where?", he asked, I replied, "lets go to the keys, it's only six hours away" :wink:

We drove all night, when we got into Key Largo, we saw the Captain Slate sign and parked next to it and slept in the car. The next morning we followed the signs to the dive shop where we were told that the weather didn't look to good for that day, they weren't sure they were going out.... and we were the only two people there :shakehead:

Of course I explained how we had drove all night, that we were both in the Navy and that my buddy was leaving soon and had never dived in Florida and who knew when he would have another chance... :depressed:

The good news of course was that Captain Slate did take us out, even though we were the only two divers on the boat that morning :) We had two awsome dives, even though my buddy from Michigan who had never dived in salt water tried to touch what he later told me he thought was a pretty fish and I had to explain that all those teeth should have clued him it was a barracuda! :D

Welcome to the board.
I'll pay you good money to spy on my daughter.:wink:

How is diving in Key Largo? Never been there. Been to the Caribbean multiple times.

Reagrds,

Roni

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom