Aruba Dive Shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Private Diving (located at Moomba Beach) is very good - no cattle boat operation - tailored to your needs and experience - I have used Pelican (now Unique) in the past but really appreciate the personalized attention. My daughter was certified in PADI Wreck and Deep specialties last week with them and she loved the dives and the professional yet fun atmosphere.

JADS is good as well specializing, from what I hear, on the south east side of the island. Added: Just spoke with friends who recently went out with them and they give JADS high marks.

BTW I visited 'Hole in the Wall' last week and loved it. A dive not to be missed

Last edited:
Any others? I'm looking for some specific knowledge on Mermaid's as well as Jads.

Thanks.

I would avoid Mermaid. Every dive agency has pulled their affiliation with them. Do a search, they have a lot of issues.

I reccomend you follow Ontwreckdivers advice and do some investigating/searching before booking with Mermaid. Lots of issues with them. He's right about the Dive Agency has pull their affiliation with them or their owner (Carlos somebody). I've seen it on PADI and NAUI's Quality Control page listing of pulled certs.

Has anyone dove with Dive Aruba or Searuba Fly n Dive? My wife and I are going to Aruba in April, we're new to diving and are looking for a dive shop to use.

I've heard nothing but good things about Dive Aruba.

I used Pelican last time I was there... but I've heard since that they have been bought out by Unique.

I always dive with Clive /Dive Aruba. I'll be making our 4th trip this November. He is now more like an old friend. He runs a six pack and you need to be comfortable with your skills/abilities. You dive your own computer and he will leave you mid-way through the drift dives and go get the boat.

You'll not be dissapointed.

We have been diving with Clive from Dive Aruba for several years and can not possible say enough good things about him. He runs a 6 packer and we generally like to book the whole boat in which case for us he will squeeze a couple of extra people on the boat very accomodating and he allows you to dive your dive with no restrictions.

I always dive with Clive /Dive Aruba. I'll be making our 4th trip this November. He is now more like an old friend. He runs a six pack and you need to be comfortable with your skills/abilities. You dive your own computer and he will leave you mid-way through the drift dives and go get the boat.

We dove with Clive one day last week (two tanks.) I agree with all of the above. If you are uncomfortable with Clive being the sole operator, you may want to go elsewhere. There were four divers on the boat, all pretty experienced. Clive anchored the the boat at the first dive site and left it unattended while he led the dive. The second dive was a very nice drift dive. Clive led the first 20 minutes of the dive, and then somehow swam back to the boat, picking us up 25 minutes later at the end of Dive #2. I'm not clear on how he handled the boat on the second dive, i.e., whether he let it drift with us unattended.

if you dive with JADS where do you stay is there anywhere close or is there allways a comute?

if you dive with JADS where do you stay is there anywhere close or is there allways a comute?

It really does'nt matter where you stay, they come and pick you up every morning and drop you orr in the afternoon. But, yes there is some commuting involved, but even that is fun with JADS!

Back
Top Bottom