A decent slate with pencil???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mark01

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've tried a few different slates, and like the type which I can wear on my forearm, but the pencils that come with them suck. At the OWUW convention this last week I found a really good pencil (large body and a stout lead) but mating it to the slate resulted in an arrangement with which I am not well pleased.

Does anyone know if there is a good slate out there (arm mounted or otherwise) with a good pencil with it or has anyone found a way to fashion a slate and pencil combination that works well and is durable?

TIA

Mark

Thanks! I just ordered some.

These pencil are really just a solid piece of graphite. The "lead" is the pencil it self, there is no wood surrounding it. This a simple fail save way to go - and pretty cheap as well ($2.75 includes the tether)

This is what the cave guys use: Dive Rite Depot

Nice pencils. I use the traditional slate but replaced the wimpy pencil with a carpenter's pencil. It's flat, with thick lead and hasn't fallen apart after two years of diving. I cut it in half and tied the rubber string around it. I'm glad to see that someone has come up with a solution to suck-o underwater pencils.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom