So ..Where have you dived?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kapuya,

I live in South East Asia. What dive shops do you recomend in Malaysia, Sipan, Kapalai, Mabul and in the Siamil Islands? Who booked your trip or did you make your own arrangements? I know you had 150' Vis but how was the diving compaired to Egypt, Puerto Rico, and Belize?

i arranged my trip through journeymalaysia.com
i stayed at kapalai dive resort
and dived with them, the package included the diving and the land/sea transport from the airport to the resort. i saw LOTS of fish, big fish, sharks, turtles, more than i've ever seen diving in Sharm el Sheik, and i think the Red Sea is brilliant with the colors, and the variety. The dive masters of awesome in that we found many hidden small fish, seahorses, scorpions,.... as well. So, it was great in terms of the variety i was able to see and find. It was actually a lot of fun looking for the micro stuff. Belize was great snorkeling, the diving wasn't any more special than that. Puerto Rico wasn't all that rich, not compared to the Red Sea and now, Sipadan. I'd definitely recommend it. But the other islands aren'r as full as Sipadan sites were. But for sharks, lots, green turtles, lots, baraccudas, LOTS! (big schools of)
eels, scorpions, clown fish(nemos:))....
and lots more i don't have names to.

enjoy!
rk

Rkapuya,

I have spent some time in Kuala Lumbar KL, and Bandung, and Malacca but have not had the chance to dive Malaysia. I always found it easy to get around and the food safe, but I have always been curious about the diving. I know diving in the Arman Sea of Thailand is good, and Indonesia is good, but I guess with the straights of Malacca being the second busiest in the world I assumed that the water would be dirty as I kayaked up and down the straights from Malacca. How was Malaysia compared to your dives in Turkey? Have you dove the ruins in Turkey that were featured on the National Geographic Channel? I have heard Turkey and Egypt as some of the best diving in the world.

Panama (East coast, Isla Grande) -- where I got cert'd
Destin, FL
Monterey, CA
Izmir, Turkey -- next

Just got back from Cozumel...though I dove there many times... I always like to go back. It'easy to get there... the diving is effortless, and the underwaterlife is really wonderful.

Last real dive was in Resurection Bay near Seward Alaska.

Joe

Last real dive was in Resurection Bay near Seward Alaska.

Joe

What do you wear under your dry suit?

I'm kind of new to the forum and I'm amazed of all the places I've not been to! :)

I'll leave my small list here:

Florida Keys (USA)
Red Sea (Egypt)
Koh Lipe (Thailand)

And looking for more!

Hi,

I have had the opportunity to dive:
Bora Bora Tahiti
Rangiroa, Tahiti
Great Barreir Reef, Australia
Poor Knight North Island New Zealand
Cozumel
Belize
Roatan, Honduras
Saba
St. Thomas
St. John
Dominica
St. Lucia

Need to get diving again...I am a warm water diver!

Hi Natasha,

Here's my list:

Dutch Springs quarry - Bethlehem PA - nice site for training
Willow Springs quarry - Reading PA - shallow mud hole, nice for training
Brownstone quarry - Portland CT - VERY cold, dark mud hole - nice for low vis training
Deerfield Beach FL (dozens of dives here - LOVE IT)
Pomano Beach FL
West Palm Beach FL
North Shore (Boston MA area) Shore dives for lobster in shallow murky waters. A dry suit dive to say the least.
Grand Cayman
Puerta Adventuras - Riviera Maya
Chak Mool Cenote

Up North:
-St-Lawrence river lower north shore (Escoumins, Baie-Comeau, Sept-iles...)
-Baie des chaleurs (both Québec and NB sides)
-Lakes and rivers (Lac Orford, Lac Memphremagog, Rivière Richelieu, Rivière Montmorency...)
Down South:
-Bahamas (Blackbeard cruises)
-Pigs Bay, Maria la Gorda and Cayo Largo (Cuba)
-Punta Cana and Isla Catalina (Dominican Republic)
-St.Lucia
-Cozumel and Akumal (Mexico)

Back
Top Bottom