Costa Rica Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone know a good place to research a rental villa/house in Costa Rica? I have a group of between 7 to 12 divers that all want to go to Costa Rica in late Dec09. Which side of CR is recommended for mixing diving and non-diving activities (Pacific or Caribbean)?

Thanks!
Hi scuba patton,

We have several different options, we work alot with groups and facilitate them accordingly.
We have all inclusive resorts, middle class hotels, b&b and small hotels for as little as $30 per night for a double room. I also know a house for rent that rents out to groups for diving.
Playas del Coco, is pretty central, we have a few national parks within an hours drive, Canopy tours, waterfalls, rafting.......evrything is good to do as a day trip.
The diving here is great. Yesterday I went to Surpresa and must have seen about 100 stingrays, a big school of devil rays a few spoted eagle rays, loads of Muray eels, a turtle and schools of jacks. Our second dive was Argentina and we had a manta ray, yes unbelievable, but yesterday was awesome. I picked a great day to dive!
If you need ore info please don't hesitate to contact us.
Happy diving
Brenda

Drake Bay has many Wilderness Adventures. I was there last week of February ,2009, and I made 6 dives at Cano Island; jungle trek at Sereno(sp?) Park; Snorkeled with bottle nosed dolphins and spinner dolphins out in the deep ocean (with a local marine biologist); took horse-back trip up a beautiful jungle river to a waterfall; went on a night bug & critter tour with an entomologist. Diving was excellent - very clear, contrary to CR reputation. Big ocean critters & lots of them. Accommodations range from bed & breakfast (Casitas Corcovado); to medium range lodging with meals included (Jinettes de Osa); to top end lodging (Aguila de Osa). I can recommend a local guide. Our air charter transportation was Paraise Air. Owner is diver and he was very accommodating.
Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom