Which one is faster? xD Type-H or Type-M+ ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebrasil

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Guys,
I am looking to buying a new xD memory card for my Olympus SP-350.
Once I started using this camera I got a 1GB Type-H since it was the faster at the time. Now I see there is a type M+ and that Type-H is discontinued. But can still be found on ebay.
I looked online but didn't find any real comparison between the 2 different types as far as write speeds go.

Which one writes faster, type-h ot type-m+ ?

Thanks so much and have a good thaksgiving!

BTW, office max has the xd M+ for $14 on black friday!!!

The type M is the slowest of the bunch. I have some cards of all 3 types and timed them shooting RAW in my SP-350.

Type H is the fastest as it says, and M is quite a bit slower. I forget the exact times, but it was about 1/3 slower than the type H. M+ is better, but if I was to buy cards now, I'd only get H.

You can find them on the internet for sale, at least you could last summer. I bought a couple of them then.

Wally

Thankfully the xD cards have gotten cheaper. If you're shooting RAW, definitely go for type H. If you're shooting JPEG, the others are plenty fast and a lot cheaper. 2G type H DPC-H2GB, 2GB Fuji Type-H High Speed xD-Picture Card at $39.95. Same thing at Amazon $59.95. Type M+ $14.95.

Hey Guys,
I actually ended up buying a M+ and compared to the H I have at home. Like Larry said, the difference is really on RAW, but not by much. For JPG shooting it's pretty much the same speed.
I got the M+ for $14 on office max over black friday.

i have bought M+ for my raw shots from Oly SP350, it takes 12 seconds. and for my "H" is 7 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom