Weird skills your instructor thought you needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Our instructor had us sit and ride our BC with tank and all rigged on the surface then slip your arms in slide off the end and right into your bc. Never have used it in real diving or ever seen it done anywhere else.

My grandson was taught this technique when he did the PADI Jr OW last November.

Richard

For my swimming test, we had to swim in bathing suits, which wouldn't have been so bad...

...if the water wasn't 62 degrees Fahrenheit!

For my swimming test, we had to swim in bathing suits, which wouldn't have been so bad...

...if the water wasn't 62 degrees Fahrenheit!

yea those few hundred yards of swimming never felt so long before till then, and it didnt help that i had been bobbing in the water for 10 min before i had to do the swim either

Kneeling on the bottom. I honestly haven't had the need to do that since OW class. In fact it was so uncomfortable it distracted me from the class.

Kneeling on the bottom. I honestly haven't had the need to do that since OW class. In fact it was so uncomfortable it distracted me from the class.

I agree - probably the dumbest part of the class. My instructor only had us do this so that we has a group could observe him and his lessons. It was easier then just to stand with feet on the bottom which is what I did.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom