Bull sharks at Chumphon Pinnacle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i think we should do some actual research about whether these are actually Bull Sharks; like actually get a biologist to confirm it.

An Australian Navy Diver on a counter-terrorist exercise just lost his right hand and one of his legs in Sydney harbour about 3 weeks ago to a Bull Shark. The real thing is notoriously territorial and aggressive.

i think we should do some actual research about whether these are actually Bull Sharks; like actually get a biologist to confirm it.

An Australian Navy Diver on a counter-terrorist exercise just lost his right hand and one of his legs in Sydney harbour about 3 weeks ago to a Bull Shark. The real thing is notoriously territorial and aggressive.

There's been done quite a bit of research already about the Chumpon Pinnacle sharks.
Please read: Bull Sharks of Chumphon Pinnacle

Bull sharks can indeed be fairly grumpy creatures. Still, as far as I know, haven't we had any nasty incidents with bulls in Thai waters. It's probably because they are Thai bull sharks and have the happy-happy "mai pen rai" attitude....

:D

Bull sharks can indeed be fairly grumpy creatures. Still, as far as I know, haven't we had any nasty incidents with bulls in Thai waters. It's probably because they are Thai bull sharks and have the happy-happy "mai pen rai" attitude....

:D

Sounds more like they have ใจเย็น qualities. Just don't go drinking with them.

People actually dive with actual bull sharks all the time. Just because they don't attack you, doesn't mean they're not bull sharks!
I don't think it takes a marine biologist to see from photos that these are bulls.
As for the navy diver in Sydney, he had been on surface for 45minutes in horrible, murky water. I've had the please of diving with these Thai bull sharks in 25 metre vis, certainly no chance of a shark taking a blind snap-in-the-dark at a diver here!

People actually dive with actual bull sharks all the time. Just because they don't attack you, doesn't mean they're not bull sharks!
I don't think it takes a marine biologist to see from photos that these are bulls.
As for the navy diver in Sydney, he had been on surface for 45minutes in horrible, murky water. I've had the please of diving with these Thai bull sharks in 25 metre vis, certainly no chance of a shark taking a blind snap-in-the-dark at a diver here!

Have had a quite a few dives in poor viz at Chumphon during my time at KT. Perhaps a bull is due for a taste test.

Anyways, it's always fun to see this thread being resurrected again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom