Scuba Diving Magazine Now Bi-Monthly?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I have about 4 years left now...(gotta deal at BTS a year back) It's good...um...bathroom reading!:rofl3:

All mags are under big pressure now I wonder how many if any will survive.
You got that right. One of my best friends used to be president of F&W which sold SD. All magazines with large circulations are hurting. The cost of paper and printing and distributing isn't covered by selling ads anymore. It seems paradoxical but magazines with a smaller circulation are doing better.

WOW...

I think that sucks!!
I also wonder how many people will no longer subscribe to them.

That would be me :shakehead: I will no longer subscribe and i thought it was a good mag too sorry to see it go :shakehead: this way

I decided not to renew my subscription some time ago. Here in Savannah Ga. they have an office that one of their editors works out of. I have made several requests for him to be a guest speaker at one of our club meetings. He could pick the date and the club would buy his dinner. Unfortunately he has refused.

The only thing I will miss is the Lessons for Life.

A lot of these specialty sport mags have all gone to low content and mostly ads. When you can literally skim through a magazine and only read 2-3 articles then people are going to stop subscribing.

I wondered why when I tried renewing on the website I was only given a "6 Issue" option for more money than my renew letter specified. So I called them and asked and they told me it was a "issue" with the website. I said I have a renewal letter here for 12 issues for $11.97. She said "12 issues", I said "yep". It was written in the form of 12 issues/year $11.97. I asked if they were changing to a 6 issue format and she said that it was a "promo" offer that was on the website.

I've been wondering why I hadn't gotten magazine. However my Sport Diver magazine just arrived last week. I keep getting renewal letters from "PADI Soceity" and I just renewed a few months ago with the offer for a PADI hat and the "Bill me Later" option. Still waiting for a bill. I've emailed them and everything --no responce.

Oh and for the last several years when I renew I have to call and ask for my "promo" item (i.e. Hat, bag, etc.). I hate having to do it and I don't really need another bag so I usually let the bags go, but I was hoping for the hat.

About the only ones I get any good info from are Diver (Canada) and Wreck Diving Magazine.

Dive Training is getting to be a re-hash of a lot of stuff, but still relevant for newer divers, (but I get it free so who cares) Sport Diver is just a dive related travel mag anymore, if I want to know about a place I'm going, it's good, but other than that and the odd thing here and there it's not very good.

There's a lot of info and "magazines" online, but after reading a computer screen all day, reading articles online get's to be a bit tiring on the eyes!

Back
Top Bottom