Trip Report: Fiji-Beqa Shark Diving (long)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow!

I'm pretty sure I would never dive next to a "bait box" being stalked by 10+ hungry sharks. But I'm tickled by the delicacy with which the sharks pick the fish out a diver's hand - with good visibility they aren't interested in humans it would seem.

rjpv...

Yes, you get it !
When a shark can clearly see you, they are not interested in eating you for lunch!
Everyone thinks that when you drop in the water, the sharks are going to instantly devour you.

In fact, it took the divemasters over a year before any Bull sharks would even come in close enough to feed from them.

The Tigers aren't as cautious. They like to get close to you.

It's very cool, especially for the photographers.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your great posts on your beqa shark dives. I am planning on heading to Beqa in November (not the best time I know), and am interested in your views on the two operators.

Obviously they use different feeding methods, but are there any other differences?
Would you recommend them both?

And lastly, what are there rough iteneraries? (ie. 2 dives in the morning, with surface interval on board the boat or on land?)

Cheers,

Orange Roughy

I have listed the itineraries in the report,
I would advise you to go with Beqa Adventure Divers.

Also, I think November is when you will get the least amount of sharks.
I believe they start to disperse then for mating. I am not positive though ?

PM me if you have more questions...

Back
Top Bottom