Done snooping, decided to introduce myself :-)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by CheeseWhiz
Nope...never been to New Paris. In fact, I had to get out my Atlas to find it, and still almost missed it. Anything interesting in the lake? I only go for the highest quality mud....

got to love you guys --- I mean "I only go for the highest quality mud that's rich!

I save the Hanes beefy T for Lake Travis, where it used to be 95 degrees about 6 weeks ago. [AND I can still see my hand in front of my face]
Spring Diving gets my heavy duty 3/2 shorty and maybe a hood!

Br'er, CWhizz, all - you should try it - AND - I'll check out a mud puddle sometime in return!

Cheers

and a quick hello from one of the Balmy Brits (or was that barmy, joewr?)

Happy Postings,

Amoeba

-=>Larry<=-

I just might take you up on the Lake Travis offer someday. I was born in Austin, went to school @ UT, so I've got a soft spot in my heart for Lake Travis. But do me a favor and don't mention the soft spot in my head...I'm kinda sensitive about that.

CW

Hey Larry, you better watch what you wish for, sometimes wishes come true! My boyfriend/dive buddy and I are trying to decide on our summer vacation trip and staying stateside diving the sites nationwide might end up on top of our list! I'd like to see the Bonne Terre (sp?) mine in MO and that missile silo you have in Texas. Just to add them to my log book! Wouldn't mind jumping into someone's favorite mud puddle if they were interested in being a tour guide. :) Haven't made solid plans yet but if we do go cross country we'll probably bring his ski/fishing boat along. That Lake Travis sounds like it might be a good time, I'll let you know what we decide!

Ber :bunny:

Hi Ber Rabbit See you dive Gilboa Quarry. Was there Sunday Dec 23rd viz was great and the water was a warm 45 deg. :eek: They will be having their anual New Years Day Dive Pary next Tuesday. Thought you may be interested since you are a true cold water :freak:. I think my dive buddies and I will try and make it but the wet suites will have to stay at home. Also I highly recomend you and your boyfriend take that ski boat and check out Lake Travis and Lake Austin. I spent most of the 80's there and the hill country is great. Safe diving and maybe we will see ya New Years.

Bob

Wonder if I can get the boyfriend out on New Year's Day? He likes the fact that his dry suit keeps his feet warm! Might be going to Indiana with his family but that's not for sure. I can imagine the viz! Will let you know if we'll be around, sounds like a good time! :balloon:

Will have to look and see if Lake Travis and/or Lake Austin can fit into the plans, we're pretty flexible on vacation! Thanks for the info!

Ber,
I think half of Ohio and Michigan will be at Gilboa for a New Year's Day dive. We're gonna' be there for two days at least. Come join us, if you can. 'Course with this cold weather you may have to bring a saw.
:D

Rick

His AOW was a lot more advanced than mine was, they did ice diving, I'd probably have to pass if the water was hard unless someone was there to provide instruction! Hopefully it won't get hard too fast!

Will have to call him tonight and ask!

Back
Top Bottom