Looking for Info Kidde compressors Tornado

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
someone responded to another thread re a Tornado compressor on one of the scuba sites. I believe I bought the compressor that gentleman was looking at.Perhaps someone can help me. I can not afford a new one so I would like to do a little maintenance to this one. It leaks everywhere and I am slowly getting them resolved. I have new canisters for the tube the air line comes out of, I use this compressor for paintball so air quality is not important. I tried to take the top plate out of the tower( where the lock ring is) it went down with force so I could get the ring out, but it will not come back up, Any suggestions. As well , it seems that the relief valve is shut by oil pressure, ( can you confirm), as when the oil level is down it will not shut the valve off and simply blows off. It seems to push a lot of oil out, can this be repaired. The compressor seems to work fine otherwise, 20 min to fill scuba tank to 3000psi
Thanks in advance
Bill

The pressure unloader valve is operated by oil pressure. This is an adaptation for military applications and can be dispensed with without affecting the compressor. However, if the after-cooler tube is designed to fit this arrangement only then you might want to keep the original setup. One thing about this device, it provides positive indication of oil pressure as you discovered. It might be retained for this reason also.

Go to this site and tell your story. Sign up and provide photos.

Yahoo! Groups

bill,
You need to take some pictures of the unit and the filter so we can see what you are talking about. The best location to get help for this compressor is on another yahoo site that specializes on kidde conversions The site is: <compressor_team> If you can take pictures and post them here, we will try to help you.
It sounds like you drove the cap down into the filter. now you need to screw a fitting into the cap and pull out the cap.
Jim Shelden

I've seen Tornado compressor ads in Skin Diver magazines from the 1960's. There was a small company called Hyper-Air Engineering in Torrance, CA which offered the Tornado and Hurricane packages.

Don't know how to insert image from hard drive, send your email address and I can send the pics, thanks for now

Bring up the image on the computer screen and copy the computer's link to the photo which appears in the address header. Bring up a message window on SB and click on the "advanced" button. Go to "manage attachments" and bring up this window. Paste the link from your computer into the appropriate slot and click "upload" Include a short message and post reply.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom