best time for Cabo San Lucas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cougar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was in Cabo for a few days one December and froze my butt off in 6 mil. Water temp was slightly under 70. What time of year is the water the warmest and clearest balancing the best time for critters?? September, October?? What has been your experience? Thanks in advance.:confused:

I would say that Sept, Oct, and early Nov are the best for warm water in Cabo. 80s plus for water temp, but the visibility is variable then. I've dove in Feb and April and froze my rear off, but still had a good time seeing big stuff and lots of fish.

I dove Cabo in mid April and the visibility was good. I was not too cold and would dive during that time of year again.

Cabo can be very warm or it can be very cold (56 degrees) but you still see lots of marine life.
If you want clear warm water, come down around July to November.
the water can be around 88 degrees with 100 ft. plus vis.
call me or send me an e-mail. leddiver@hotmail.com
I own land´s End Divers in Cabo and you can get 15% off if you book your diving ahead of time.
Thank you.

DiverBizz,

I am new to diving.....got Scuba certified in Curacao last April. This April I will be in Cabo an plan to finish out open water at ScubaCaribe at the Riu Santa Fe. Can I depend on the dive shops having warm enough wetsuits? My two 17 year old sons will be plenty warm.....but this 47 year old newbie is not so sure! I expect the water to be in the mid 60's

I dove Cabo in mid April and the visibility was good. I was not too cold and would dive during that time of year again.

I'm also going in April. What mil wet suit did you wear? Do you remember the water temp? And were you diving the Atlantic or the Sea of Cortez?

Thanks,
Anthony

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom