Mickey Mouse Diving...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My son and I went and had a blast. It was not as much then but I think you will have a great time. As mentioned before PADI/NAUI get a discount.

If you are PADI/NAUI or AAA you can get a discount but you must bring it up at the time of booking, they will not offer it.

Make no mistake, for seasoned divers, this is a way easy dive that may not be worth the money for a 40 min dive. Other than that, this is a great dive that you and your son will remember and talk about for a long time to come. Don't miss the chance!

For the money not only do you get the 40 min dive but you get a behind the scenes tour of the living seas and a t-shirt for each of you. You may use your own mask but that is it. Everything else is provided.

The highlights are a wide variety of reef fish, several sharks (two sand tigers), a large logger head and playing with the people that are watching. There is a restaurant that looks into the tank. As you swim buy you can watch everyone stop eating to watch you. It is also a rare chance for your wife to watch the two of you underwater.

Just north of Orlando there are several great springs available Ginnie, DevilÃÔ Den and Blue Grotto are just a few. The last two are close enough to dive each in the same day. It would be a shame to be so close to them and not dive.

Thanks for all the great info guy's and gals! I really think the price is a bit much as well, however knowing my son, and to be in a confined area like that tank, with all the different animals (behind the glass) and around us will be fun for him, not being able to do "non-Disney fun", will be a huge bummer tho : /
However, if my wife can not make the cruse trip after the park fun, I'll rent a car and make the trip to all the different springs you all have talked about, maybe make a trip to the coast, and ditch the sea quest dive all tougher to save a few bucks.
Thanks again!

I've done this dive twice - once a couple years ago and once last year with my daughter. We had a blast but like others have said, the most fun was interacting with people on the other side of the glass - being able to hang upside down in front of the people, etc.
Like everything Disney, this is a first class experience and they treat you very well. They even have nice showers with fancy soap and shampoo for you after the dive.
It's neat to walk through the public area and listen to the kids say "look -- divers...."
They have a web site just for the dive quest program Dive Quest

Hopefully their fish are healthier now. The fish had some nasty "head and lateral line disease" last year and they were doing some research on that.

Enjoy.

Why wouldn't they allow you to use your own gear? I wouldn't dive if I couldn't bring my own stuff. I certainly wouldn't pay $175 for a fish tank dive, I did 3 days of diving in cozumel for cheaper I think.

Why wouldn't they allow you to use your own gear? I wouldn't dive if I couldn't bring my own stuff..

Think about where your gear has been. It would be easy to introduce an organism from your BC into a controlled environment. The mask tho is the critical part of dive gear and also very easy to disinfect.

Carolyn:shark2:

Is it worth it ? No way.

The look on your son's face? Worth every penny.

If there's no other way to get wet, for his first big adventure? Why not?
Some of us would prefer to avoid participating in and exposing children to insanely expensive, blatantly over-commercialized, pre-packaged forms of entertainment, like Disney World (land, whatever). Instead, we would prefer to go on a two week camping trip in a National Forest, or a road trip across the back roads of what's left of America - something more along those lines.

That's why not.

I agree that the looks on the kids face is priceless. I wish they had more dives like this across the U.S. but unfortunately they do not. Its a tad on the pricey side but considering that you pay almost 10 dollars now for a value meal at mcdonalds let alone a nice restraunt its not all that expensive in comparison with many other things in life.

To do over and over again would be silly unless its something you enjoy then its money well spent. Id say go ahead and do it and get a good outlook on life and great interaction with the aquatic life. As for a first adventure it would be priceless!

Hope this helps and if so good luck!

I also work there.

It is a unique diving experience. It is set within The Seas with Nemo & Friends a 6-million-gallon indoor aquarium with more than 65 species of marine life, including sharks, huge sea turtles, playful eagle rays and schools of colorful tropical fish. With guaranteed calm seas, no current and unlimited visibility, your quest for the dive of a lifetime ends here. Duration: 3 hours with the in-water experience lasting 40 minutes.

Included in this dive is a back stage tour of the Disney's Living Seas facility. All dive equipment is included and per Disney policy, is a must that you use their equipment. However you may use your own personal scuba mask. For an additional fee Disney will provide a quality video production of your dive experience. Last but not least, a Disney Dive Quest t-shirt is included.

You can see a video on YouTube - AmericanDive's Channel or just visit my site at http://www.AmericanDiveInstitute.com

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom