50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I are both 50+ and have recently moved to the Philippines for work (her company not mine) so we plan on doing a lot of diving while here. We have dove throughout the Caribbean, the St. Lawrence River and off the coast of NJ.

Here in the Philippines it's been Anilao and Sabang (Puerto Garlera); just two of the great places we've heard of. We've just gotten our gear from the states so it's been a slow start but plan on picking up speed now that it's here. I would check out Asia Divers in Sabang and if you're in the Manila area it's Nautilus Dive or Scuba Stop.

Russ

50 last Halloween...
Skagit County WA.
Puget Sound USA, Howe Sound Cn.
Gone Diving, B'ham WA.
PADI Master Diver working on PADI Dive Master
I dreaded turning 40, turning 50 was cool....

My wife and I are both 50+ and have recently moved to the Philippines for work (her company not mine) so we plan on doing a lot of diving while here. We have dove throughout the Caribbean, the St. Lawrence River and off the coast of NJ.

Here in the Philippines it's been Anilao and Sabang (Puerto Garlera); just two of the great places we've heard of. We've just gotten our gear from the states so it's been a slow start but plan on picking up speed now that it's here. I would check out Asia Divers in Sabang and if you're in the Manila area it's Nautilus Dive or Scuba Stop.

Russ
Hello Russ, I'm curious to know what company your wife works for? My wife is from Antique, Panay RP and I would love to get her working full time in the PI and let me go diving all day... Check out Johans Dive in Subic Bay, I understand he mapped out a bunch of wrecks from the old USN base there. Uncle Sams Squids restricted the waters to military manuvers only until Pinitubo erupted and the base closed down.

hey Narcosis : Hopefully we will see you at the Bridge some Friday night, We are usually there @ 6:30 every Friday night if the wind is cooperates

well i am 52 years old and just moved to the virgin islands last may and living the dream. i am open water certified and the diving here is phenominal expecially compaired to battle creek michigan where i moved here from

Hi,
Would you share your thinking about retiring to the VI?
I've been to Virgin Gorda, BVI and loved it (~'98). I'd guess you are in the USVI.
I just returned from a cruise from LA - Puerto Vallarta (PV), - Mazatlan & Cabo. Got to dive at PV-was fun -a lot like S. California but warmer water (70). Looking for someplace to relocate at least half time as not enjoying snow here in Colorado anymore.

Hi,
It's great to find someone who can testify about diving Puerto Rico.
I've been diving since 1965 (LA County and NAUI Instuctor '71) all around Tampa, St Pete., Fla Caves and Springs. Been to Jamaica and BVI but find little other than business promotions about diving in Puerto Rico waters. Please tell me more about your business too--we just came back from Puerto Vallarta and want more warm water. Bucket list biggies: S. Pacific islands and New Zealand.

56. born 1953.
I got certified last August and so far have only but 1 dive in my log book (post cert).
I'm looking forward to changing my profile to the next category!

yes i would retire here in a minute. i live in st croix usvi and i love it here and have no plans on returning to the states. osvivdar if you have questions about the island you can pm me or i could call you. cost of living here is considerbly less then places like hawaii which we orignally planed on retireing to. i actually like the diving here better to. we dont have the big sharks like hawaii but wildlife is abundant

Back
Top Bottom