How is Dive Cancun dive shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maqsix

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, I'm tentatively set up to dive with Dive Cancun, I'm staying in Cancun and want to know if anyone has experience with they, are they reputable, safe, etc. Thanks

I will agree with Spratman. I just got back yesturday from Cancun. I got my open water certification with Ben. When we went on the dives, there were a couple people that had lots of experience diving and a couple that were new. But everyone was cool and had a good time. I am going back next month and I'm going to go back to Mayan Aqua Dive.

I have no idea about Dive Cancun. But I would not suggest Aquaworld. That place is huge and has a ton of stuff going on. I have not been diving with them, but I've been on snorkel and other tours. They rush you and pack too many people together. I was not a big fan.

Have a great trip!

Third for Ben and MAD. Got my OW and AOW with Ben. Aquaworld, as stated...just huge and they do a lot more than scuba. I like the size of Ben's op and his staff. His boat is also awesome...Easy to backroll from or step off. If I go back to Cancun (not sure when I will, as I had a BLAST in Coz and am planning on doing Puerto Aventura and cenotes, too), I will definitely use MAD again.

Another vote for Mayan Aqua Dive here. I went diving with them in February and I had a great time. Ben runs a good operation and customer service is the focus with their crew. You will not go wrong with M.A.D.

Any dive op that offers you a package that you can design depending on your experience is going to be great, here on this forum a lot of divers post for mad divers, and they are an awesome op, ben operates for the owners and he is an excellent instructor, they are great.
If you want another choice where you can design and build your own dive package please call us toll free at Manta Divers! Cancun! Cenote! Cozumel! Selvatica Zip Line! - Home
hope to be of service

Another vote for Ben at M.A.D. found him through this ste based on recommendations and I don't plan on using any other op. Not saying there aren't others that may be just as good but first impressions go a long way with me and Ben and his Crew did one helluva good job in my book. Will be there in a month.

I will agree with Spratman. I just got back yesturday from Cancun. I got my open water certification with Ben. When we went on the dives, there were a couple people that had lots of experience diving and a couple that were new. But everyone was cool and had a good time. I am going back next month and I'm going to go back to Mayan Aqua Dive.

I have no idea about Dive Cancun. But I would not suggest Aquaworld. That place is huge and has a ton of stuff going on. I have not been diving with them, but I've been on snorkel and other tours. They rush you and pack too many people together. I was not a big fan.

Have a great trip!
Thank you so much for your help. I'm really getting excited about the trip. I haven't done warm water diving since I learned to dive in Thailand 22 years ago or so-- It's been all 8mm wet suits and dry suits. Chris

I really appreciate you all helping me with this. I have gotten good feedback and am really looking forward to the dive. I found some good recommendations re Fred from divecancun--confusion from different names for the site, and he has been helpful so I think I'll have a good experience with that dive shop. I'll let you all know when i get back. I'm so excited i feel like a young kid instead of an old broad! Chris

i really appreciate you all helping me with this. I have gotten good feedback and am really looking forward to the dive. I found some good recommendations re fred from divecancun--confusion from different names for the site, and he has been helpful so i think i'll have a good experience with that dive shop. I'll let you all know when i get back. I'm so excited i feel like a young kid instead of an old broad! Chris

fred brandt at divecancun.com or scuba fred's nautilus diving is great i have known him for almost 20years he actually certified me as a divemaster and helped with my padi instructor course 10 years ago, he is a course director naui and certified me as a naui instructor, he has a great staff a small dive op, great service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom