Spanish Rocks Reef Cleanup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sh@rkW@tcher

supreme yak diver in charge
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
In the past, Mote Marine Lab has sponsored an annual reef cleanup. Due to personal changes at Mote along with economic difficulties the Mote Reef Cleanup has been canceled this year. In an effort to help fill this void Florida Underwatersports Florida Underwater Sports Home - Scuba Diving in Sarasota! will be sponsoring it's 1st annual Earthday Project AWARE Reef Cleanup at Spanish Rocks on June 7, 2009.

Dive for Earth Day Reef Clean-up Mark the Date!
June 7, 9:00 AM
Spanish Rocks Boat & Beach
Instead of our popular Donut Dive, this month we are sponsoring a Dive for Earth Day. The purpose of this event is to raise environmental awareness on a global scale. Since the 30th anniversary of Earth Day in 2000, Project AWARE has helped divers focus attention on aquatic environments for this annual event. Thousands of diver volunteers in more than 115 countries have helped protect underwater environments and educate local communities for Project AWARE's Dive for Earth Day.
You can do your share by helping us clean up one of our favorite dive spots. (Thanks to Mike for the great idea!)
Join us for diving, fun & prizes. info@floridaunderwatersports.com

ScubAnn, Sam-bouy and myself will be there:coffee:

If my schedule permits I will be there as well. I might even bring the Mrs. along.

I will be there also. I don't miss the donut dives. It's a great chance to get wet and meet some awesome people. See you all there!!

..."awesome people"? Did he read the part about III being there?? J/K

Its too early for me to say what I will be doing, but I will put it on the calendar and try to make it.

..."awesome people"? Did he read the part about III being there?? J/K

Its too early for me to say what I will be doing, but I will put it on the calendar and try to make it.

Yeah, if III shows up, there may be more of a mess left behind than cleaned up!!!!!:D

Tara and I are all over that. :D

I cannot believe how much that rocks have changed in just 4 months.:shocked2:

The brown algae is everywhere.:shakehead:

It is great to such enthusiasm for this cleanup. "The Rocks" is a very popular shore diving site and a valuable resource worth taking care of. Thanks y'all!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom