50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Living in Los Angeles,Ca. Dive mostly Palos Verdes during lobster season, all the way up the coast to Monterey. Hunting is my game, love scallops,lobster, clams & crabs. Won't turn down a shot at a nice halibut. Started diving at the age of 12 in New York City,only for recreation. Never had the oppertunity or time to make a career out of it. Introduced my son to the sport when he was 8. He had 60 dives under his belt when he got certifed at 10. Needless to say he blew through the class and was my best buddy for 11 years. Together w dove Ny. to Hawaii several times and all of California. We also do two weeks of fresh water diving in Lake Havasu every year. He is now a comerical diver in the gulf coast. I continue to dive every weekend off my boat or beach with other buddies. Just a guy who likes to dive and loves the ocean.

I'm > 66
Dive > Anywhere there is water
Live > in Kansas
Dive shops > all favorites
Current cert. OW, Advanved, Nitrox

Nice thread... I'll be 56 in October, diving since May 06. Will be logging #200 in two weeks at FI on Roatan. Diving locally at Dutch Springs PA, NJ and DE wrecks. Several times a year in SE Florida (youngest son moved there 3 years ago - nice to have an excuse to go south in the winter!). Hey - SubVet644, I too am a SubVet from 640(B). Nice to brag about having been to 1200+feet beneath the sea when talking to none-divers about how deep I've been.

OK, I am and wanted to see how many more of us are out there.
Where do you live? New London,Ct
Where do you dive?Caribbean
Favorite dive shop?Current certification?
Bonaire
Rescue?Nitrox

Am 55+, Been cert for 2 years and have 55 dives so far...Am on my way to Cozumel, May 2 and Fiji, Aug 6...alone.Am interested in hooking up with buddies and new groups.Dive with Diver's Cove in Essex Ct now. Ed

OK, I am and wanted to see how many more of us are out there.
Where do you live?
Where do you dive?
Favorite dive shop?
Current certification?

I live in Missouri, 54 years old
I like to dive in warm water which pretty much excludes Missouri. Some lake diving. I love Key Largo, Cozumel
Frogman Scuba
Nitrox
Advanced Open Water, working on Rescue diver, then DiveMaster

Any of you 50 divers want to go on a trip to Mona Island May 9-16th??? Ended up with 2 spots due to cancels. We leave from Puerto Rico and go to Mona Island on the Juliet! Just a bunch of us old, fun, and love to dive people on this trip. email me if interested please at affordabletrips@gmail.com We are going to have fun without you if you dont come!!!!

Any of you 50 divers want to go on a trip to Mona Island May 9-16th??? Ended up with 2 spots due to cancels. We leave from Puerto Rico and go to Mona Island on the Juliet! Just a bunch of us old, fun, and love to dive people on this trip. email me if interested please at affordabletrips@gmail.com We are going to have fun without you if you dont come!!!!

Email sent

If anyone here is interested I have 1 space left on a trip from June 20-27 to dive the walls and swim throughs off San Salvador, Bahamas. Staying at the riding Rock Inn with 3 boat dives daily!!

If interested, pm or email me directly: gtidivewithus@yahoo.com

Glad I found this group, yes - I've over 50 also. Although I'm in IL I don't dive except when I'm in the Caribbean. The lakes and quarries are too cold for me here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom