DIR primary hose length for open water, no overhead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unless you want to win the Stanley Cup.:mooner:

Hunter

Low blow! You don't make fun of Beer or Hockey to a Canadian unless you want a fight. Everything else is fair game.

Now apologize and make fun of his mother instead.

Things would really be easier if scubaboard had a way to save old threads so people could look through them and see if questions have previously been asked and answered.

Well. Since I'm not going into an overhead with my 5' foot hose, I only have 1 backup light. If I only have one backup light, it goes on the left side. Solves that problem.
Night dive? 2 torches
Dunno how you do it
I usually just leave my backups attached to the harness anyway, so they're always there.
Just adding my experience with the 5' vs 7'

Didn't the American, Katie Couric, brag about having a colonoscopy a while ago? (sorry if the topic has been covered in another thread).
We Canadians try not to boast too much. It makes the little people feel bad and then we feel obligated to apologise for hurting their feelings. It's a vicious circle really.

Don't complain about people starting threads that have been talked about a month ago... if people don't start redundant threads you guys won't have anything to hijack, and it will take away all the fun you get from making fun of the n00bs that don't search well enough. (BTW, SB search blows, I did search first.)

Which is good advice, except when a 7' hose is a PITA. Which is why I have settled on a 5' hose for my warm water wimp trips. (no canister light)
For warmwater single tank diving there is nothing simpler than the 5'er. I just agree with JeffG, does that make me Canadian? :eek:

To the guy who said the 5'er has routing issues, you'll have to post some pics because you must be doing something wrong.

I even have the H hoses and stowing the 7'er in the waist strap has been a cluster every time I've tried it. It works for a few minutes and then needs to be re-stowed. Uh, yeah, thanks, but no thanks. I haven't had much better luck with tucking it in the knife sheath.

I have seen a dummy canister, which is just a 2-3" dia. piece of delrin tube with slots routed out to allow it to be threaded through the waist strap. Good for training with the 7'er where someone doesn't have a canlight, but not something I think you'd want for regular use.

John_B

For warmwater single tank diving there is nothing simpler than the 5'er. I just agree with JeffG, does that make me Canadian? :eek:

To the guy who said the 5'er has routing issues, you'll have to post some pics because you must be doing something wrong.

Actually, only JeffG gets the latter out. It makes you the former.

You must be right. I have no idea how to route a 5' hose. I really don't get how you guys are having tucking problems with the 7' hose. It works just as well as using the cannister. Heck, Danny and some of the other shorter guys tuck hose into the front of the waistband in addition to using the cannister in order to take up slack.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom