I'm searching for the Adventure Vacation spot!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mckinness

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
:D10 year anniversary coming up in November:lotsalove:. My wife and i both dive, but looking for on land adventures as well. Skydiving,Whitewater rafting,Zip-lines you name we are in. Any suggestions where an adventurous couple can do it all.

:D10 year anniversary coming up in November:lotsalove:. My wife and i both dive, but looking for on land adventures as well. Skydiving,Whitewater rafting,Zip-lines you name we are in. Any suggestions where an adventurous couple can do it all.
Want to have a good time, with great people on a superior dive boat? Go with Deep Exposure. We had a blast!

The reefs at Cozumel are awesome, there is a place near Chankanaab with zip-lines, you can drive around the island renting a jeep or a scooter.

Cozumel is a very nice adventure place!!!!!!

I would do Costa Rica- Panama. I dove the west coast, did ziplines thru the rainforest. horseback riding to an active volcano, dipped in natural hot springs(close to Arenal volcano) then took a shuttle bus to the east coast. Then a bus to Panama and a boat taxi to Boca Del Tora for more diving and snorkeling. My most expensive hotel room was $38 taxes and breakfeast included. I can give you more info and lots of pics.

Playa del Carmen, Mexico OR Ambergris Caye, Belize
both have lots of topsite variety - ziplines, jungle tours, Mayan ruin tours
both have good diving

I think those two places will offer you the best adventures in combination with diving. Check out a few websites:
Belize:
Barb's Belize, Travel, Mayan, Ecotours, Ambergris Caye
Belize Vacations, Tours, Resorts, News, Hotels, Travels, Flights, Weather, Maps, Real Estate
Monkey Business Travel Shoppe | Trips and Adventures Tours
Mayan Odyssey Cultural Mayan Tour and the Temples of Tikal

Playa del Carmen:
Playa del Carmen Tours, Activities and Excursions
playa del carmen trip planning menu
Overview | Alltournative - Off Track Adventures
Aventuras Mayas - Naturalmente Mexico
https://www.magictourscancun.com/web/tour_menu2.php?tour_destination=rivieramaya

these are just a few examples of the companies and tours available.

robin:D

Tulum is much more laid back than Playa Del Carmen. Check out cenote diving in the area, definitely some of the best sites in the world with awesome vis (over 100 meters). Great diving in the ocean off Cozumel but on land there really isn't much to do. Playa Diving is not as good but lots of night life. Cenotes are much closer to Tulum however and the eef diving is decent there too.
In Tulum check out Maya Diving. In Playa Del Carmen go with Tank Ha Divers or Yukatek Dive Center, both have been around for years.
I like the sounds of that Nicaragua trip though..... mmmm
It seems there are zip lines about everywhere now but I've heard there is super white water rafting in Chiapas. Unfortunately, I don't think you will find many places with whitewater near good diving.
Let us know what you end up doing.

I would suggest that you go have Puerto Vallarta Tours . For sure you will enjoy the canopies around it, or try to play golf there. You will make your vacation very remarkable if you give it a try.

Hey Habarisc, this Costa Rica adventure sounds pretty awesome! How long were you there for? Any dive that a beginner like me could go for around there?

I vote Costa Rica as well. All kinds of options, the country is beautiful and the people are friendly.

My wife and I are looking to charter a boat in mid January out of Isla Mujeres to follow the sardine run. You look for frigate birds, which lead to baitballs, which lead to sailfish, like in the Nat Geo special on billfish. The charter is $7,000 for 6 days, split among max. 6 divers it's appx. $1,200 each. Interested?

Back
Top Bottom